Cupcake Purse Pattern!

Tapanga

Thanks Miss Rach!

Wow! That Teresa is something else! I'm loving all her Youtube Videos...I'd like to adopt her for a while...LOL!:D

Ok...if I do the Magic Ring on this pattern, do I do it in place of the Ch4 and then do the 12 DC's in the ring?

It's so amazing to me the people that come up with all these techniques! Very creative, I must say!:yarn

Hopefully I'll have some time this evening to work on this!

Thanks again,

Merry :manyheart

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...I'm on round 5, which is repeating round 4.

Now...I'm assuming that round 6 is when the sides start going up on the cupcake, right?

Could someone explain that fpdc and bpdc to me? I watched the video at Nextstitch already. Round 6 says Ch2(got that), 1 fpdc in next 2 st.(does that mean crochet 1 fpdc in one stitch and then again in the next st? Hope that makes sense!:eek

Thanks for your patience!

Merry :crocheting

Yep! You will FPDC around that stitch and the next stitch. Then you will BPDC in the next st and then again in the one after that. So you will do 2 FPDC, then 2 BPDC. This will create a thick cable like texture that resembles the wrinkles on a cupcake.

Hope that helps!

Sorry I did not reply to your PM, I had hand surgery last week and have been loopy on painkillers. I a bit slow at the one handed typing, but hope to be back to crocheting soon!

Thanks so much Tapanga...I already started to crochet...just like you said....I'm getting really excited about this pattern and crocheting in general...I can't believe I'm doing this...LOL! :cheer

I pray your hand is better soon...not fun to have to lay the crochet aside, is it?:manyheart

Thanks again,

Merry

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my first ever crochet project. I've been knitting for about 2 years and LOVE it...but, I also wanted to learn crochet, because of all the adorable patterns I've seen.

When I saw Tapanga's pattern for this cupcake purse...I knew I had to learn fast...LOL! I wanted to make it for my little granddaughter Kira, who will be 3 in October!

I only knew how to single and double crochet, but a friend stopped by my house last Tuesday and helped me. I finished it last night.

I used Vanna's Choice Yarn and it was great! I also whipstitched a piece of plastic canvas in the bottom to make it sturdy. While I did do the chain stitch for the little handles, I might switch it out for some grograin ribbon.

Thanks so much Tapanga for your help and everyone else...it's the cutest pattern and I think I'm going to have to make some more! LOL!

I followed the directions on the resizer for my picture...hope it works!

tmpphpuKKTUn.jpg

a%3E

I just finished my first ever crochet project. I've been knitting for about 2 years and LOVE it...but, I also wanted to learn crochet, because of all the adorable patterns I've seen.

When I saw Tapanga's pattern for this cupcake purse...I knew I had to learn fast...LOL! I wanted to make it for my little granddaughter Kira, who will be 3 in October!

I only knew how to single and double crochet, but a friend stopped by my house last Tuesday and helped me. I finished it last night.

I used Vanna's Choice Yarn and it was great! I also whipstitched a piece of plastic canvas in the bottom to make it sturdy. While I did do the chain stitch for the little handles, I might switch it out for some grograin ribbon.

Thanks so much Tapanga for your help and everyone else...it's the cutest pattern and I think I'm going to have to make some more! LOL!

I followed the directions on the resizer for my picture...hope it works!

tmpphpuKKTUn.jpg

a%3E

Your purse looks great! You did a good job.

This cupcake purse pattern is so darn cute! I think I will whip up a few for the upcoming holiday fair at my son's school. Thanks so much for sharing it.

MGM

• 4 weeks later...

ok, these are soooo precious! i'm going to make a couple for my cousin's step-daughters. they have a new baby and i'm making a bunch of stuff for the baby and i don't want them to feel left out so i looooove the idea of make these and filling them up w/little girl stuff for them. i love the pony beads on them but i've never worked beads w/my crochet... how do i do this?

I've only been crocheting about a month and I crocheted 4 of these...there is probably a way to do the beads as you crochet, but I just added them after...I used embroidery floss and a needle and just tied little knots...I'm sure there is a more finished way, but mine looked great too! I've done a little beading with knitting, but that is different...LOL!

Make sure you post a picture of your cupcake purses!

I made one for my little granddaughter's 3rd B-Day last Friday and she loved it...I put some tissues, lip gloss, a strawberry shortcake doll, and a bracelet and necklace that I made for her out of beads, inside the purse!

Have fun!

Merry :)

I just saw this pattern for the first time last night, and I was struck by two things. First, it's amazing to me that this thread has had 57 thousand views (!!!) and secondly how enduringly popular this pattern is.

I love it! It's adorable. Do you regret, after seeing how popular it is, that you chose to give the pattern away?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I am stumped. I have only been crocheting for a year on and off now and I am still trying to get used to everything. The thing that Im stumped about are the frosting parts that is listed below

Round 3: ch 2, (in both loops) 1 dc in same st, *1 dc in next st repeat around*, Join with sl st to 1st st.

Round 9: ch 2, 1 dc in next two st, *1 dc in previous row ch 1 sp, 1 dc in next 4 st*, repeat around, join with sl st to 1st dc. Fasten off.

Thanks in advance.

Tammy

Archived