Cupcake Purse Pattern!

Tapanga

YAY! Please post pics when you are done! I am so impressed by everyone's take on this. I am still waiting to see someone do the top in a fuzzy yarn, or put tiny seed beads on like sprinkles!

And so far mine has withstood the determined over stuffing of both a 3 year old and a 2 year old!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the cute pattern Cynthia Gurisko :cheer

I Loved it when I first seen it and made a purse for my daughter Cynthia Renee, she's 13. She loves it. I made the purse in light beige and lavender

I followed the pattern and I am going to make a couple more for my two grand daughters but I will shorten the size of the purse for them since they are 2 1/2 and almost 1 year old.

Thank you again so much and god bless

Pic011.jpg

:rose Lynne

I love the top color!!

How tall is yours measuring? Its amazing to me all the different cupcakes everyone has made! I am happy to have been able to figure this out and share the pattern.

I love the top color!!

How tall is yours measuring? Its amazing to me all the different cupcakes everyone has made! I am happy to have been able to figure this out and share the pattern.

Hello Cynthia,

It measures 11 inches in height

Soft beige and lavender

This is the one, I made yesterday evening

It measures 7 1/2 inches in height

Soft beight and lavender

I made this one for my grand daughter Trinity

It only took an hour and a half or so :hook:yarn

Pic031-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm so glad to finally meet you:yay. (I just joined C'ville last Friday, April 13th).

A few months ago I was searcing for a little girl's purse pattern, and I got sent to your cupcake purse post. I loved it the minute I saw it:yes. Since then I have made about 7 of the purses. I have 3 granddaughters, 1 stepgranddaughter, and 3 nieces. The last 3 purses I added small pony beads. I got the idea from a crochet doughnut pattern and it had sprinkes on it. I have a tackle box full of beads that I had intended on making jewelery. I never did:no. I just got through making a "chocolate cupcake(RH brown) with white icing(TLC Amore yarn). I don't know if my granddaughters will like the chocolate cupcake:think , but I wanted to give it a try anyway:yes. But thank you for the pattern, my granddaughters and nieces thank you too:cheer

YAY! I am happy to hear that you like it! I would love to see pictures of the purses! I am myself eager to try the long tiny beads as colored sprinkles, or the tiny colorful pom-poms!

First of all, thank you so much for sharing this, it is just adorable :yay My dd is drooling :drool

I just started this for her, and had a question. When you say to do 12 dc in the first round, is that after the starting ch? Or in addition to it? Do you end up with 12 or 13 dc in that first round? I just got to the end of row 4 and frogged it, I ended up with 2 extra stitches and couldn't complete the repeat. I don't know if it mattered or not, but I had 13 on the first round and thought that might be giving me an extra pair (since we did the 2dc in that 13th dc in rnd 2) and then my following rows wouldn't match up right.

I hope I am making sense?

All I know is there will finally be some chocolate cupcakes around here that don't end up on my hips :rofl :rofl !!!!!

Thanks again!!!

First of all, thank you so much for sharing this, it is just adorable :yay My dd is drooling :drool

I just started this for her, and had a question. When you say to do 12 dc in the first round, is that after the starting ch? Or in addition to it? Do you end up with 12 or 13 dc in that first round? I just got to the end of row 4 and frogged it, I ended up with 2 extra stitches and couldn't complete the repeat. I don't know if it mattered or not, but I had 13 on the first round and thought that might be giving me an extra pair (since we did the 2dc in that 13th dc in rnd 2) and then my following rows wouldn't match up right.

All I know is there will finally be some chocolate cupcakes around here that don't end up on my hips :rofl :rofl !!!!!

Thanks again!!!

I think when they say ch1, you R supposed to turn...maybe...I don't know!!!!!:eek

How funny, I designed one that looks almost exactly the same. Our stitch pattern is a little different, and I made mine chocolate and strawberry. I wish I had taken a picture of it before my daughter took it home, (she's 20). I can make another to share after I finish the afghan I'm working on. Good Job!

• 1 month later...

Thanks again!!!

I have done it both ways, if you do it with 13 in the first round it isn't completely patterned like you said...

I have done it with the 12 as it says the first ch3 is the first one...and if you do 12 the increases even out....

Hope that helps... I have made a couple and now working on some chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting ones....My class thought they are too cute! They said they are sooo real you just want to eat them up! lol...Hope this helps you!

I really like the pattern, I don't use markers as I have done a lot of in the round stuff but it is great for those beginners who don't know about the round ends....

Great Pattern!!!! 2 thumbs up!

I know you are tired of hearing this but.......OMG, what a brilliant idea. and the purse is so cute and adorable and the pattern is so easy to follow! Thanks for sharing with us. I am making one right now for my 2 daughters (12 and 8 )Well I don't know about the 12 year old but I know the little one will enjoy it.

I probably should do this by IM but since it is YOUR pattern and you didn't have to share it with us I will ask it here so that if anyone is curious they will read all the posts before trying to claim it as theirs. Anyway...I am going to be in the Farmers Market here is town and I wanted to ask you if it is ok if I make some to sell at the farmers market? You can IM me your answer if you want to.

Thanks again for sharing.

I didn't claim it...I said it was a great pattern and the person like me were trying to get the first round clarified...

I think it is a great pattern and neat idea...I wish I would have thought of it but I didn't...

Once I finish the chocolate ones I will try and take a picture of them....

Thank you for the pattern, the kids in class love them....

I didn't claim it...I said it was a great pattern and the person like me were trying to get the first round clarified...

I think it is a great pattern and neat idea...I wish I would have thought of it but I didn't...

Once I finish the chocolate ones I will try and take a picture of them....

Thank you for the pattern, the kids in class love them....

I am so sorry if I upsetted you. I was not refering to u when I made that statement. It is just that there are alot of theifs on the net now and I hope they will think twice before trying to claim something that is not theirs. Brenmichelle, I do apologize, that statement was not made towards you or no one else here.

I finished my first cupcake. Thanks again for the pattern. My youngest daughter loves it !

cupcakepurse.jpg

Archived