Cupcake Purse Pattern!

Tapanga

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok got Round 3 figured out thanks to my mom, but still stuck on Round 9, my mom couldnt even figure that one out. I was wondering what 1 dc in previous row ch 1 sp means. Thanks in advance

In the previous row you did a dc and then ch 1, then dc (or something along that lines) it means you put a stitch around the chain one of the previous row.

Here is an exaggerated picture of what they mean.

http://www.craftstylish.com/assets/uploads/posts/5509/lpw8p3crochet2_lg.jpg

See how she is going into the chained space to make her next stitch and not the dc's. Does that make sense?

• 3 weeks later...

May I post this pattern with some minor changes to Bevs-Charity-Challenge site? I have been making a few of them for gifts and last year made one to donate and people really like them. They are great items to donate to a almost any age girl or woman.

I do a single crochet bottom and then a row of Front loop SC for the edge. I then follow the pattern as you wrote it up to the top of the frosting ..

I add a 3DC, SC in next stitch ruffle as the last row. I also slip stitch back to the beginning of the chains.. that is just a matter of preference and will be so noted in the write- up I do.

I also make a second round and insert it inside on the bottom with a Plastic Canvas circle or recycled CD sandwhiched in between.

Bevs is a very active Charity group that this year has exceeded 50,000 items donated. She maintains a very large list of patterns.

Most likely she will put a link to here in Crochetville in the gift section and add the changes that will be offered as an option.

As long as credit for the original pattern remains mine, I think that would be fine. Since it's a free pattern already, they will most likely just link it to here on the 'ville. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this pattern, I have a few little girls to make this for so I've saved it for future reference. :cheer

I love the way you've written the instructions - it's SO clear. Usually I go through patterns and edit them to make them easier to read, but yours is perfect!

Hi all!

Sorry for the delay!

Yes, you are increasing one stitch every row on the frosting. This makes it a bit puffy than the base.

I used Caron SS, but I understand that Red Heart works well too.

I am so very happy that everyone likes this pattern!! I worked really hard on it, it was my first pattern and I am very proud of how it came out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to make this cute cupcake purse , but am halted by these 2 steps

Round3: ch 2, 1 dc in same st

Top: Round 2: 1 dc in back loops only of next stitch.

Am new to crochet and I do not know hot to do this? If anyone can please explain or share any photgraphs they have, it would be VERY VERY useful!

Thanks!

M:)

The first question you had - it means once you ch 2 that you are going to stick your hook back into the bottom of the chain 2 and make another st in that place

The second question - your goal of putting your hook only into the back loop of a stitch is to make a "ridge" or deliniation or edge where another section begins. To do this look down at a stitch and like an "aerial view" of it the top of a crochet st looks like a "V" in some respects - SO what they want you to do is just make stitches by putting your hook in the back half of the V all the way around.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I'm trying to make this cute cupcake purse , but am halted by these 2 steps

Round3: ch 2, 1 dc in same st

Top: Round 2: 1 dc in back loops only of next stitch.

Am new to crochet and I do not know hot to do this? If anyone can please explain or share any photgraphs they have, it would be VERY VERY useful!

Thanks!

M:)

Hi Mano,

Here are a couple of pictures that might help you, it shows where to insert your hook under the back loops. Once you've put your hook thru the back loops of the stitch, do your dc as you normally would :)

post-26878-135897418334_thumb.jpg

post-26878-135897418337_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived