Crinoline Lady Crazy

heart

I think I would just use a single colour. although you might get a good effect by using stripes of two colours on alternating rounds.

I think the major problem with the colours as shown is that they do not represent our current palette and it just doesn't sit right to our eyes. It's pink and blue...what's not to like :think. :lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely pieces! Never would have thought of one on a blanket, either. Nice work!

Granted, thread is a bit too fiddly for me, but I love seeing what beautiful things other folks make with it- especially the crinoline lady you designed yourself. I love it because it doesn't look like all the ones out there- that one is YOU, lady!

Here is a place you may like to check out. Effies Elements

I think you would especially like this

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe my eyes! Really, I have looked every where (except e-bay go figure ;) This is great! :manyheart Now I'm in lot of trouble, I fear I will never get done with the Crinolins! :hook Thanks a bunch!! I have some Christmas hints to give DH! hehe

Lovely pieces! Never would have thought of one on a blanket, either. Nice work!

Granted, thread is a bit too fiddly for me, but I love seeing what beautiful things other folks make with it- especially the crinoline lady you designed yourself. I love it because it doesn't look like all the ones out there- that one is YOU, lady!

:blush:D Thanks a bunch! Praise the Lord!!!

If you do this, I would love to see the picture of it done. I have been eyeing this pattern in my novelanddecor file for about a year now.

Wonder if this would be to big if I did it with a size 10 thread and a # 7 hook? I don't have any # 30 thread, and the closest Hobby Lobby is about 45-50 minutes away. I think I will try anyway.:hook

You did a wonderful job! I have an original pattern book of the Crinoline Lady. I don't do much thread, so I never tried it. I did do the ring bearers pillow from Crochet Memories for my DDs wedding. It came out great!

clickable image

th_wedcaleb.jpg

Oh my!! Look at that! So special and sweet! Great job on the pillow. Thank you for your kind comment and every one else too!:manyheart

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't tried making any of the Crinoline Lady doilies, but I have gotten lots of patterns from Cylinda at Crochet Memories. She does some really great work and I speak with her via email and telephone quite often. Eventually I will be getting some of the finished pieces I've made from her patterns up on my website--just haven't taken the time. Having too much fun stitching.

Keep up the good work.

Archived