Crinoline Lady Crazy

heart

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow - I am so fascinated with these. In fact, I just won an old Coates and Clarke booklet from Ebay with patterns for these dainty ladies. I am just wondering...what have you all done with them? I want to frame a couple of them but I'm wondering what other uses there are. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Traditionally they were put in the corners of table cloths, as a decoration, my mom used to sew them to pillows. I have put them on fleece baby blankets, and then crocheted an edge around the outside of the blanket. You can attach them to towels to add to your bathroom, or if you have a powder room, anything lady like or girly, I thought of adding one to a tote bag. You know, added to a sheet set for a little girls room would be pretty too. I probably could put them anywhere, but then my hubby would know I'm nuts! :D So, I've given some away, and will frame 2 to hang.

I guess I will be making some to put in a matted frame and hang in the bathroom!

I didn't even READ that far before I looked at the pics... and that was the first thing that came to my mind! :lol

I might have to practice some more and then try one of these... my mom/grandmother would absolutely LOVE one of these for HER bathroom!!

Yours are beautiful, by the way. :hook

Archived