Socks-a-long?

ChristinaCrochets

Renee, was that last pair knitted?

Oh, and here's my slow progress...but at least it covers my toes so I don't scare anyone. :lol

socks1.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started crocheting around the heel of the sock and I realized that I had to add some extra chains so it wasnt' too tight around my ankle. Did anyone else have that issue? I think my tension was too tight...well, IS. I'm pretty bad that way. :blush

I just started crocheting around the heel of the sock and I realized that I had to add some extra chains so it wasnt' too tight around my ankle. Did anyone else have that issue? I think my tension was too tight...well, IS. I'm pretty bad that way. :blush

I had to do that with the grafton fibers toe up sock or any sock with an after thought heel. You can see a my tips with that pattern on my blog here

It's the toe-up sock, Renee. I didn't have any problems with the arch(as I have almost none), but the heel is tricky.

Samantha, thanks! I'll check it out more when I'm working alone later tonight!

I adjust my socks like that ALL the time! That's what's cool about making socks for ME!

Thanks, Darski!!

I'm not sure when I'm going back to socks.......I've got lots of other WIP's and stuff I haven't even started yet!! They were fun to make, but it wasn't my favorite thing to do. :blush

Thanks y'all!! :D

They are for my sister for her birthday in March. She is wearing my first attempt at socks - I thought they were hideous, but she loved them. I thought I would try again, and make her a better-looking pair. These turned out much better.

I finally got my first pair of socks done. Sorry that it took me so long and I just decided to do tube socks for my son (who was really bugging me to finish them up - the first one was too small so I had rip out and start again :( ). I didn't included any pictures because my son won't take the socks off now. He just keep saying, "they are so warm". I use Mod Dea sassy stripes yarn which gives them a really different look but he loves them. My other son wants blue socks now so I'm on to the next pair. :D

Congratulations on the socks Christi and Darcy! :)

I'm almost done with my first sock(took a break from the net and crocheting), but the heel is giving me trouble so I'm avoiding it like the plague at the moment. :lol I think I'm going to just start my second sock and go back to the heels later.

I keep coming back to this CAL, and think I'm gonna throw my hook into the ring. It's my first CAL, and my first socks. I feel like such a newbie! :blush

So anyway, I have some spare yarn from a hat and scarf I made, and it's very soft, so I think it will be perfect for socks.

I Think I will try this pattern: http://www.crochetandknitting.com/socks.htm

Here's hoping I end up with something wearable! :2spin

Just a quick update... one sock done, one to go! I am so excited, It even looks like a real sock! It's a good time for warm socks cause it's so goshdarn cold here today! Brrrrrr ...:wbrr

I'll post pictures once the pair is complete :yes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I would like to join! :) I've been given this BEAUTIFUL bag of sock yarn, most of which are scraps, but there are a couple colors that I think would be enough for a pair of socks. I want to make them for the charity of the month, which is an elementary school I used to teach at. Anyway, I have looked and looked, and I can't find a crochet pattern for kids socks in sock yarn. Actually, I can't find a kid's pattern for socks at all! I found several, but they start at size adult 5, but the kids I'm wanting to make for are probably about a size 1-4, being about ages 6-10 or so. I mean, a 5 might fit some of them, but I want to be SURE that they would fit someone, you know? Also, all the patterns I've seen have you measure to the person's foot, and since this is for charity, I don't have a kid to measure with... I've been looking and looking... Anyone know of a good free online pattern, or a book I can buy?

THANK YOU!!! :) I really look forward to joining in on this!!

Victoria

Archived