Socks-a-long?

ChristinaCrochets

I've started a pair of slipper socks for my dd. I'm kind of stalled on it. I've been distracted by snowflakes and bookmarks. I also started a baby cardigan. :eek

Despite my serious feeling of overwhelm. My plan is to participate in a CAL with the crochet socks group on yahoo, using the Mardi Gras sock pattern. You can get it on e-pattern central for a dollar but it is also in Crochet Stocking Feet book by AA. I also want to finish the socks I started for dd because ds wants some too.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm getting addicted to CALs. I might as well join this one too! I'm making some socks for my SIL for her birthday on the 30th. She loves crazy colored socks. I hoping to get 2 pairs made for her. I posted a pic of the first one in my blog about halfway down the page. I have the second one about halfway done but had to put them down for the Christmas rush. Btw, this is my first time making socks. I hope her feet are about the same size as mine!

Don't you hate it when someones birthday kinda sneaks up on ya?!?

I have a pair of socks on my hooks right now - socks my dh has been nagging me for forever! - Oxford Style socks (from Crochet Socks book) in black & grey. If you scroll down a bit on this link you'll see the very beginning of these socks.

I'm also planning on doing the Mardi Gras pattern from e-pattern central with the Yahoo crochet socks gang.

My kids are asking for socks too....

I think I'm going to join in this one, too. I have sock yarn, but I had a problem with the last pattern I used-I think my tension was too tight. So I'm going to try it with the pattern Renee posted. That yarn has been looking at me rather forlornly the past month. :D

I think I'm going to join in this one, too. I have sock yarn, but I had a problem with the last pattern I used-I think my tension was too tight. So I'm going to try it with the pattern Renee posted. That yarn has been looking at me rather forlornly the past month. :D

Don't yah just hate it when that happens. and yarn has no shame... it just sits there;pleading, sighing, all that stuff.

I look forward to seeing your new socks

Don't yah just hate it when that happens. and yarn has no shame... it just sits there;pleading, sighing, all that stuff.

I look forward to seeing your new socks

Thank you! How long did it take for you to finish up those socks?

It's so pretty, too....I splurged on Blue Sky Alpacas sock yarn in an LYS when I went to visit family. So now I feel extra bad since it cost a bit extra. ;)

Renee, I LOVE those socks. I don't think the cuffs are too much; they are just soooo neat.

Dani, My version made up very quickly because I used heavier than sock yarn. I was finished on day two I think.

here is a pair, :)

2u8uqkn.jpg

ohoh i did a pair when my late great aunt was in hospital this is them :)after she passed i got the socks :) so i wanted to show yall

how they came out b4 i packed them away

\Great Aunt Alma and I are the only Crocheters in the family :)

3ydr4hc.jpg

Archived