Socks-a-long?

ChristinaCrochets

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got another pair of tube socks done but this time for my older son (which suddenly disappeared as soon as I announced that they were done). He has worn them almost none stop and my younger son already wore a hole in the heal of the socks I made him because he won't take them off (plus he snagged them on something and didn't realize it). So I have started another pair of tube socks for my younger son as back up and my older son has put in an "order" for another pair socks also. :D

actually dont throw those holey socks out, you can still add a new heel using an aftertought heel.

its an old trick they always used long ago when they only wore hand knit socks. but the same can be done for crocheted socks.

the socks I make my mother I am forever repairing the heels and this is the best thing since sliced bread

Ok. I finally have a picture to show you all. Here they are!

socks.jpg

The socks have been done for a while, and I have been enjoying wearing them, but it took a while to get my partner to take a picture of them for me. (you would think this would be easy since she is a photographer, but life has been crazy lately) So, what do you think?

Hey all - I have a thing for socks and I've longed to make my own but have never tried. I've always been a bit intimidated.

I finally took the plunge and pulled out some magic stripes yarn and a hook and off I went. I elected to follow the GraftonFibers.com pattern -- which is more guidelines than patterns and so far it's going OK.

My sock, at this point, looks like an old-fashioned circular rug. *G* It's not yet got much shape. Using the thin yarn plus an E hook means it takes awhile to get any size but it's easy enough to do so I'll just keep on circling.

Okay, I got my third pair of tube socks done and I have one more pair of tube socks to go. Then I can work on a pair for me. :D

I just finished a pair for hubby for V-day!!

390419613_73802b194f_m.jpg (clickable)

Nice! Those look cozy! What is the fiber content of the yarn? Are they wool?

Oooh, I love the socks!

Unfortunately, I've had to put my crochet to the side for the next little while. My mother is getting remarried(in June! :eek), and there's new stuff to do or look over every night. I will get back to it as soon as I can!

My sock is coming along well .. it looks really wide so it may end up being a slipper more than a sock but I love how it's turning out. I figure it's allowed to be a little misshapen since it's my first one. *G* I didn't write down what I did though so I'll end up winging the second one too. Oops. :)

My sock is coming along well .. it looks really wide so it may end up being a slipper more than a sock but I love how it's turning out. I figure it's allowed to be a little misshapen since it's my first one. *G* I didn't write down what I did though so I'll end up winging the second one too. Oops. :)

I learned that lesson the hard way too on my first sock. Now I take copious notes when I make a custom made sock. I also try to make the two socks at the same time, going back and forth, toe 1 toe2, foot 1 foot 2, heel 1 heel 2 etc

Good Luck! Can't wait to see it

here is a link in case y'all haven't seen this one yet. it is new at CPC

http://www.geocities.com/needlesandpinza/sockhookr/kidsbasixsox.html

Lindsay (the designer) just led a sock-a-long / pattern testing at Yahoo crochetsocks. Several people have made some great socks with her pattern. She was wonderfully helpful holding the hands of a few beginners through the short row heel! She has a kids version of that sock as well, I started that one last night.:hook

Lindsay (the designer) just led a sock-a-long / pattern testing at Yahoo crochetsocks. Several people have made some great socks with her pattern. She was wonderfully helpful holding the hands of a few beginners through the short row heel! She has a kids version of that sock as well, I started that one last night.:hook

you guys were all great. thanks Ginny

so far my sock is looking good .. the toe is rather square so it looks like a square bottom bag at this point but that's OK, it's my first one, it's got to be unique. *G* I think that I made the starting chain too long because I thought it had to be the width of my foot and so instead of doing 1-2" like the pattern said I did closer to 4" and kept increasing. It fits ok, just the right side doesn't conform to my toes. I'm almost to the part where I'll start my heel area, we'll see how well I do with that.

I've thought about ripping it all out and starting over but I think I'll just use these are my test socks. :)

(I'm following http://www.graftonfibers.com/socks.htm)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived