Socks-a-long?

ChristinaCrochets

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really like to make some bed socks but I just don't do finer yarns for any larger projects (larger is larger than a coaster :heehee )

if I can get away with my WW yarn, I'm game to give it a try. i have a couple of patterns from the old thread...hmmnn

Welcome to the wonderful world of CALs Dawn. if you have done baby socks we will be calling on you for help and advice.

You should probably go and find the next 500 CALs you plan to do. It always starts with one and just grows from there.

Well, the great joy of a CAL is that we all learn together. Tomorrow, I'll roust out some patterns from the last thread or you can check at crochet pattern central and find one you like. It seems to be that if you can make a simple slipper, you can make a sock work...roughly speaking of course.

Finding some of the links from the last effort

http://www.crochetme.com/issue_1/socks_in_shoes.html

for those who want sock weight yarn

http://www.graftonfibers.com/socks.htm

this is the one I think I will try

And we have a tutorial right here at the Ville

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30412

This should be enough to get us started. Like I said, I want bed socks that are warm so I'm going to check my stash and see what will work in that grafton fibers pattern.

I started my sock based on the link I posted. :socks

I am using a finer WW yarn and a 4mm hook (G). I crocheted for an hour and have 3.5 inches so far. Like I said...three weeks later :lol

:socks Notice there are usually two socks together so when I finish this I have to do it all again :wangel

Has any one else started this? how is yours going?:hook

ack! I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a pattern that matches my stash..lol...I have some Regia sock yarn I am dying to use but alas, no pattern...I wanted the book "Learn to Crochet Socks" and my LYS didn't have it, so I just bought a few of the patterns from it on E-PatternsCentral and they call for sport weight...so, to the stash again...I'll update when I finally get started..lol

I've decided to frog what I did and begin again with a 5mm hook. I tested it and it goes much more quickly. I really like this yarn for socks and I want this pair - just not in the next century.

I started a pair of socks this morning. Baby socks, cuz they're cuter, even tho' I don't know any babies. Will post a pic soon, hopefully. I've never made socks before and the adult patterns were kinda scary -- measuring and all that stuff!

My socks are done!

th_BabySocks.jpg

The pastel are done in cotton, Katia Mississippi 3. I love that stuff. The brights are done in wool sock yarn. Before you ask, yes I did two in each. Just didn't see the sense in scanning all 4 :lol .

The pattern was in "Crochet Home & Holiday" Issue #85. Don't know if they'll fit anybody or not, but the soles are 4 1/2", which should be 3-6 month size.

wow, I did not find either one of those patterns, I am ready for a crochet along, just scored a cinnamon cashmere and want to make socks for mom for xmas, count me in... I am going to try the turkish style crochet socks using the lion brand pattern for 'joanns socks'

starting now... and thanks for the additional pattern, these will be great for taking my remnants and making bed socks for patients....

My socks are done!

th_BabySocks.jpg

The pastel are done in cotton, Katia Mississippi 3. I love that stuff. The brights are done in wool sock yarn. Before you ask, yes I did two in each. Just didn't see the sense in scanning all 4 :lol .

The pattern was in "Crochet Home & Holiday" Issue #85. Don't know if they'll fit anybody or not, but the soles are 4 1/2", which should be 3-6 month size.

wow, these are adorable!!!!!

I am currently the proud wearer of one crocheted sock. I now have to repeat what I did. :think

I was thinking that this wasn't necessarily something I would do too often but I got to thinking that next summer, when I need something small to work on these would be nice. I could get a stash of them ready for next winter's sleeping.

I will get a pic when I have two to brag about.

When I frogged I re-did in HDC and used SC for the afterthought heel. This is warmer than just plain socks.

I still have to find the pattern that I want to use. My son has picked out the yarn he wants me to use for his socks. It shouldn't take too long once I get the pattern picked out. :clap

Archived