Woodland Trail Thanksgiving Doily

MimiFL

Just in time for Thanksgiving... :ttalk

This is the so-called "Cluster Stitch" doily (found on Celt's site). I call it "Woodland Trail" because it reminds me of ferns and leaves you find in a forest's undergrowth. I did this one in Royale "cream" (one of the softer colors in the Royale lineup).

This was a very involved project that took much longer than other doilies I've made. It's 23" across, with zillions of cluster stitches and gazillions of picots (give or take a gazillion). Blocking each picot was a pain, but still well worth the effort, IMO. I just love how this came out. I think it's one of my favorite doilies so far. Hope you like it too.

woodland_trail_ebay.jpg

and some close-up shots:

woodland_trail_center.jpg

woodland_trail_topedge.jpg

woodland_trail_sideedge.jpg

:pilgrim

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

extremely beautiful! very good work. it look like a tedious pattern, but as you say, well worth it

Gorgeous doily! I applaud you on this beautiful work of art!

:clap:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause You deserve to take a bow for a job well done! :bow Three Cheers for you too :cheer :cheer :cheer

Mimi, that is just beautiful! It really does look like ferns and woodland growth. Thanks for sharing it with us. Maybe *someday* I will try this one. (If you saw my WIP pile you would be laughing at that...) :hook

Very pretty! :manyheart

Tina

Thank you all. :manyheart

Blocking wasn't difficult per se, it was just time consuming.

I'm really into vintage patterns these days. I seem to have about the same gauge as those patterns, so I don't usually have to adapt anything, unlike some newer patterns, where I have to add or subtract chains to get it to look right. These vintage ones are fine just the way they're written. :hook

Archived