Mootastic Scarf

donnalynn2

I created this during the Autumn Secret Pal Swap as my partner loved cows and I wanted to make her something original and that nobody else had. I worked this up in just a couple of days. My mom said it looked more like a pig than a cow, but my swap buddy loved it so I guess that's all that matters! :hook Anyway, I am in the middle of writing the pattern out and plan to sell it once I get it tested. What do you guys think? Does it look like a cow or does it need some tweaking to look more like a cow?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/donnalynn2/Website%20Pics/MootasticScarf.jpg?t=1163949499

I think maybe horns, and perhaps a slightly different shade of pink for the nose would make it more cow like. You can definitly tell its a cow though.

Oh I think maybe its the eyes that look 'piggish' Cows have huge eyes, and the lady ones have lovely long eyelashes lol. Maybe just changing the eyes to bigger almond shaped ones would make it more obviously cowish :) Its cute, i love the udders on the other end :lol

I think its really cute! You might want to change the snout to more of a half moon rather than a round shape. Below are a couple links to examples I found, just googling "cow illustration". Horns are a great idea too. I have yet to see a pig with horns. Also larger eyes as someone else mentioned.

Debbie

http://www.fotosearch.com/IMZ148/dhu0021/

http://www.bigstockphoto.com/photo/view/634582

I think it is a great scarf... very whimsical and very original. In looking at the pics of cows, the ears go off towards the side more, and it needs horns, and a smaller nose. I LOVE the udders! Have you thought of just using udders on both ends?

With a little tweaking that pattern should sell really well.

Joan

First of all, I think this is a very creative, whimsical scarf. Kudos for you for putting it together, what a great gift!

Secondly, I just wanted to point out that heiffers don't have horns, and bulls don't have an udder. To have both on one cow would make it a rather gender-confused cow-scarf hehe :) Perhaps a bell sewn just beneath its neck would help, but I wouldn't put horns on this girl :)

Actually, depending on the breed, I'm pretty sure some girlie heifer cows do have those small horns that go sideways. Not the big ones, but very petite, lady like horns if such a thing exists. Not sure the breed, we had 'em around back home, but it also isn't that common. Anyhoo, that's my two cents. I think a half moon nose and big eyes would do it.

I'm sorta amused by people reporting folks offline thinking its a pig. Granted, there are black and white pigs, but if you show people a vest that is white with black irregular splotches they automatically go "cow". Why is this scarf different?

Wow I can't believe the cow horn thing. Cows have horns depending on the breed. Some ranchers cut off the horns on the cattle so that they won't "hook" each other or the cowboys. Trust me Texas longhorns have long horns whether they are male or female.

There's a pattern for a bag holder at CPC that looks really like a cow. Check that out.

Archived