Halloween & Gold

MimiFL

Last of the Halloween doilies, promise. :blush

This one is from a Decorative Crochet magazine. I thought it looked "scary" so I call it my "Fright" doily. Turned out to be about 12" across. Pretty repetitive pattern (i.e. boring). :tired I did 23 rows of this instead of the original... 27? I think...

fright_doily.jpg

This next one (and the last Halloween doily) is my spiderweb doily, from an online pattern... which turned out to be wrong so I had to come up with an edging for it. Which is ironic because I had picked that pattern precisely because I liked the edging. Oh well. I still like it, though, even without the original edging. This one's about 10" across.

spiderweb_doily.jpg

Finally, this is the spooky doily I posted here recently, which I mentioned I also did in gold metallic. Here's the finished product. :)

gold_doily_cville.jpg

I love the fright doily...that actuallly looks like something I might be able to do. Thread and I aren't getting along.

If you know off hand...what magazine was it? *crosses fingers she can order it back issue*

Did some research, and the "Fright" doily is from Decorative Crochet, January 1998 (issue #61), pattern #10 by Glendola Hodges. It's called "Lightning Speed" and is rated "Easy to Make". :)

Kidge, metallic thread is stiffer than regular thread, especially after it's crocheted, and it's rough on the hands, too, after a while. It's just a pain to use, so I usually try to keep it for edgings. In this case, I think the end result was good motivation, and I'm glad I stuck with it. It really does make a doily special. :)

Archived