Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

This is my version. I didn't "offically" sign up for the crochet-a-long but decided to try the pattern one day. The picture is of my friend's 4 month old (so the sweater is a little big)

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photos/photo13/1d/b4/3b2b4ee3cebc.jpg?_rh=7f04q4jgi5wio5j4deyr1e3qa

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cbear yours turned out so cute in the pink-is that a real baby? :eek At first I thought it was a china doll! How precious. And you don't have to 'officially' sign up, you just join in!! :yes

caednkat I commented on yours in the babies and children, too; but how cute! I love the blue trim, too.

Tina

I really was planning to post the info on my current status but I had some challenges with my browser stuff. while I was doing a full scan on my computer - just in case, i finished the right side front and I am now working on the left side.

it seemed like a better idea to get it done and then post it all at one time.

When I had completed the right sleeve part, I did a quick stitch up and tested and that fit very nicely.

Feel free to check out my pattern changes for the size 6 I made for my daughter! It's here on my blog! It's big on her, but she's only 4.5, and I wanted her to wear it as a fall jacket. Maybe my instructions will help you.

Good Luck!

Thank you thatnk you thank you!!:clap

at last i manage to get the picture of the sweater i made.... and upload in my blog......:cheer

http://crochetsia.blogspot.com/2006/11/this-is-sweater-for-my-daughter.html

it is really different and from the other's sweater.....:) i made it with smaller yarn and smaller hook...i guess.....

I cannot find the bigger hook any where here..... the lady in the shop get shocked to see i have F hook... she said she never find one....:think

i brought to the shop my F hook and asked her whether she has a bigger hook. she was shocked.....:lol .... they only sell steel hook....:(

I am making an adult version now..... :hook for my hubby.....

Anie, your colours are so bright and cheerful. You did a good job on this pattern. I loved your little dress too.

I don't think I own a hook that small - well maybe somewhere but I live in my 6 - 8mm range most of the time.

Wow everyone! Great sweaters. I just saw so many posted today I can't even begin to think of all the names...

I just had a thought. My son's teacher has a 2yo and a 3 month old.... BICOs for a teacher gift.... hmmmm I must stash hunt, I hate homespun. I wonder what else I have....I must go check my stash post on my blog. It'a a great way to "see" what I have up there!

Pix.jpg

Well, I guess it's time to post my BICO.

It's for my soon-to-be-born great nephew (due next month). I still have to sew the buttons on, but I'll probably do that as DH is driving me to the hospital so I can see him for the first time.

Anie it turned out fabulous! I love the bright yellow and pink together! :clap

Great Job!!!! :hook

:lol I think three people were posting the same time as I was. Lady BeBop yours is great too! Don't you love how fast they work up?

Tina

Lady BeBop, I'm working on* a blue and red one, too - this gives me an idea of what it's going to look like.

*And by working on, I mean I've finished the booties and have begun the hat that will go with the sweater. I think it's great that this sweater is always the easiest part of a baby set! (I always save the easiest parts for last!)

I made mine last night - fours hours to get the body done. I'm doing the trim today, just because I started so late last night!

This one is for my cousin being born in January (picture soon). I'm going to make another one for my daughter's OT, who is going out on maternity leave sooner than we expected, so I won't have her baby blanket done in time.

I'm going to do a hat and the Mary Janes for my baby cousin (my 45 year old uncle's first child!!!), too.

Great pattern and sooo easy!

WTG Tiga and all who are discovering the joys of this pattern. I want to make a bunch of the littlest versions for our pregnancy support centre. but I have to complete the adult version first.

Great News: the 2XL BICO is crocheted and stitched together :yay but it is not finished :no because I still have to trim the neck/front edge and add the decorative trim I have chosen for the bottom and sleeves. I am hoping to be able to take a motif element from the bottom for the closure. I am seriously grateful to God that I had enough of the wine coloured yarn to complete this. What a hoot this has been.:yay

It really does fit and I wasn't sure about that when I started. The neck edge is very open on mine but that was the look that I wanted. for others, you may want to make a smaller opening. I left 20 sts unworked, you would have to decide based on your design plans and your own neck size.

Have some pics but they are not in my computer yet. Will add them later today.

So does anyone have questions? I have been hoping that someone got started and got up to the shoulders at least... Well, I will try to recap the pattern later as well with the pictures.

I'm in!!! I have started on this sweater. It is a birthday gift for a 1 year old. I'm having a bit of a problem. I think the sleeves are too wide if you increase the pattern. Little ones have skinny arms. Just added a few stitches to the 12 month pattern. Decided to keep the sleeves at 9 rows. Hoping it all works out.

Well I have just started and I blew it. I will be frogging my bico. The 24 month that I was putting together just seemed too big. Will try an L or M hook and work the patter for the 12 month. I hope this works.

Hi, was lurking around the crochet-alongs, and saw this one. I have had this pattern printed out forever.... and I am going to do it. So inspired with all the wonderful views and everything! I just got done with row 9, and just taking a break.

Berni:)

Welcome to our CAL Berni. You will love this when it is done - it is just so.... :2magic

There hasn't been a colour or a size that doesn't work. Can't wait to see yours.

KnicKnac, I can't wait to see your new project as well. We could start a real trend for us. "Ewe's not fat; ewe's fluffy." :sheepjump

Archived