Mystrey Crochet along Day 5 Post # 86

minwifeof4boys

.. this thread will be for the pattern... we can discuss it on the other thread to make it easy to follow if someone misses a day:P

This will take a G hook, almost a whole skein of black... and about a 1/3 skein of white ( these are over estimates)...

The whole piece is worked in sc BUT you will change colors frequently....for this piece I have found it easier to carry the color not being used to the back of the piece.... once we get the pice started I'll simply write something like 7 BL( black) 10 W ( white) 8 BL etc...

also, I do not count the chain one turn as a stitch...but always being in the second chain from the hook ( weird I know)...

If you have problems changing colors here is a tutorial

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa041203.htm

also... if your stuck or have ANY questions, PM or email me...

...this whole CAL should take no more then 2 weeks MAX....

so lets have fun.....and remember

....its for Halloween.... " and the goblins will getcha if you don't watch out"!!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok..its pst #6...I can't count...

General notes:

we will be changing thread ( alot)... this piece will not be bothred by carrying the yarn not used tot he back side of the piece instead of finishing off each time

we will do 8 rows a day....easy huh?

This whole pattern is rather easy so if you ahve a problem I am sure it will be my explanation, s ASK if yu hit a bump..

You will need:

G hook

black yarn(ww)

white yarn (ww)

Chain 42( with black)

Row 1..sc in 2nd chain from hook and in every chain across... ch 1 turn

Row 2-5 sc in each sttich across ch 1 turn ( should be 41 stitches)

Row 6 Black ( BL) 33 sttiches change to white (W) 1 stitch ( crazy huh???) BL 7 sttiches ch 1 turn

Row 7 : Bl 6 stitches W 1 stitch BL 34 stitches ch 1 turn

Row 8 : BL 19 W 10 BL 3 W 2 BL 17 ch 1 turn

...............................and have a fine day..... all day long!

Row 8 : BL 19 W 10 BL 3 W 2 BL 17 ch 1 turn

Lea, Shouldn't the last count for the black be 7 and not 17? :)

I assumed that it was a typo...

Jenn

it has to be 7, I just finish the first part! care to compare? Mine looks a bit odd.

I got my part done this morning. :hook

It's very difficult to tell what it is going to be yet, I think that I did it right LOL.

Which part looks odd to you? I'm curious if mine looks the same :)

I'd like to compare.

I got my part done this morning. :hook

It's very difficult to tell what it is going to be yet, I think that I did it right LOL.

Which part looks odd to you? I'm curious if mine looks the same :)

I'd like to compare.

here's a shot of mine.

mistery.jpg

You may have to lighten it more to see but there you go

Ok, I know this is a really dumb question, but I need help. I just can not seem to do the crocheting with two colors and make it look good. Can somebody please help me. I have looked at the link, but it does not show what to do with the other color when you are not using it.

:P Hi there, in answer to your question about carrying the other color! Just lay that other piece of yarn right on top of the other stitches and crochet around it. Like your wrapping it up in a blanket! Then when it's time to change be sure to finish the stitch before the color change. When she calls for white in the next stitch you just crochet until there is two loops of the black and finish that stitch with the white and vise versa!

Please let me know if I can explain it better. . it is easy once you get it!:clap

Mine looks like the others and yes the final line is 7 not 17 I think! Fun Fun -Michelle

I appreciate your help. I just realized I didn't word my question properly. Actually my delima is - when you have been carrying "say, the white" and it is time to crochet that one stitch, the white is in the middle & the black is in the back. do I move the white over the black to Yo or do I move the white under the black to yo. My problem is - when I make the white sc, it is not a clean stitch front or back. And it's not like you are always working on the right side.:(

Hi... back from the class.. Ilene..I'll PM you later... we had such a great time! I had the best group of students yet.... anyhow... the pics are looking good... sorry for the typo earlier... glad I ahve a group of hookers who are on their toes!

.. as for the color changing question... I yo with the new color and move the old color to the back... if I answered how your asking... if that doesn't seem right I'll go redo and see if we can make it work for you...

the first little sc in white seem a bit random I know... but they do work with the pattern....

...Good job so far my friends

Archived