Mystrey Crochet along Day 5 Post # 86

minwifeof4boys

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shari~ I never would have thought about the fleece... great idea!!! now that is something I ahve never tried...the crochet around fleece thingy... but I did buy the latest Crochet Today and I think they had a tutorial...I do ahve something I am designing for Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure if it will work or not... still in the design stage... for sure at Christmas

Lea, there is the neatest thing floating out there that makes this type of project so much easier. There is a rotary blade called the "skip stitch" blade. You roll it down the edge of your fleece piece and it intermittenly places a cut, making it so easy to crochet around the edge. I have a friend that is head of the project linus chapter here, she is the one that showed it to me. So far it is only available thru one lady and the project linus store. It is definitely worth the effort to locate it.

Hi Everyone,

I thought of making mine into a pillow. I asked my oldest what he thought and he said a pillow. I was just going to crochet the back for it but since I was reading all the great ideas I think I will try the fleece backing for it. I think I might whip stitch it on with some black crochet thread and maybe make a fringe type edge with the fleece like they do with the scarves or blankets. I don't have any kind of pattern, just going to wing it. :D

Thanks Lea for sharing this pattern. I wasn't going to do it at first but I'm glad I did. I enjoyed learning how to add the second color yarn. I had a lot of fun doing it and I can't wait for a Thanksgiving or Christmas project! :yay

Well your just going to have to take a pic when you finish... I am really really leaning towards this fleece thing too... gosh... just something else huh?

..............and I think the next Mystery CAL will start the day after Thanksgiving unless I become super woman at working out the design :D

I haven't fully decided yet. Leaning towards the table runner idea since my Grove has a Halloween party coming up. Could use it there. Also liking the idea of your Halloween throw that I could maybe take to work next year to give it more of a feel to the office (plus when it's slow I like to curl up for a "power nap" occassionally...hehe).

Thank you SO very much for doing this. Was my 1st time doing a graph-ghan style technique and I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Much easier than it looked from the LARGE intimidating type graph-ghans. (shudders from memories). :D Thank you for sharing your knowledge and fun graph :) and I am looking forward to the Yule one or Thanksgiving if you get frisky to do 1 (nudges side, hint hint)

Sandy :)

Those totes are great guys!

shellgo, the pic of your daughter is cute... glad she enjoys it!... and Ilene... what can I say... you fix cars, buy hot water heaters, crochet tote bags.... what a woman!!:P

That would be a plan. Hit Joann's, Michaels and AC Moore in the morning and crochet all afternoon! LOL

LOL! A good plan, so then if you don't have the color needed for the CAL, you can tell hubby, "but, hunny, I didn't get the right colors and have to go back for more." :devil

Sandy

Being the latecomer I usually am, I JUST noticed this CAL. I've been wanting to try switching colors like that, but I've been a huge chicken about it. It looks wonderful, and everyone's been so creative with their ghosties! I think I'm going to have to keep a look-out for the Christmas one!

Great job ladies, and kudos to minwife for hosting it! :hook

I have half of the back to my purse done and I decide to reverse the ghostie :D

I have some ideas for a removable strap and I think that I am going to work out some kind of gusset for the purse too.

My daughter is still bugging for one LOL

I'm going to make another picture for the other side (trying another hallowe'en-type thing!) and then make them into a box, line it and then use it for treats I think...or maybe a totebag, LOL, too much fun thinking about all the things you can do with this! :lol

I am going to make a trick or treat bag with mine. I'm going to make a boo! on the other side. This was timed out perfect as my sons usual trick or treat pumkin is packed for the move already.

I wanted to share what I did with mine.

It really isn't finished yet. I want to make a shoulder strap and line it, but I have all of the pieces together now.

This is the front, I made a button closure and I edged it with the reverse single crochet (or some people know it as crab stitch)

10-25-06_1922.jpg

This is the back (yes, there is a star-shaped crocheted snowflake behind it LOL)

10-25-06_1923.jpg

I also made sides and a bottom for it. I made holes near the top for putting the strap. I thought that I would put a button and button hole in the strap and thread it through the hole and button he strap to itself :D Of course, you can't see the hole because of all of the black :lol

10-25-06_1924.jpg

My daughter wants this purse, but I also thought of making another one, but with a Jolly Roger on it LOL

Thank you Lea. I really like it. I couldn't have done it without your pattern though :D I think that I would like to post it in the show and tell :D

Archived