Mystrey Crochet along Day 5 Post # 86

minwifeof4boys

Arepas are corn maze patties, real thick that they usually deep fry and then fill up with blanco cheese and either a shredded chicken or other meats. They eat them at nearly every meal. My husband lived in Venezuela and introduced them to me!:lol And I'm still hungry but at least my ghosts isn't suffering anymore!:D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having coffee before you start to crochet is a very good idea, helps one to concentrate just a bit better! By the time the last rows where posted I was on my 3rd cup.

I was going to turn mine into a pillow and give to my 4 year old grand daugther but I'll wait to see what happens tomorrow before I do. Did someone say pictures? Here's a shot of mine.

mistery1.jpg

Hey Lea! Well todays rows resulted in what sort of looks like the little guys head it tilted up like a cap! Looking at it it's as if the top of it's head that we did today is off to the side instead of on top. I am betting I skipped a row or maybe missed yesterday's last row! (Four kids and at times they actually think I should be feeding them instead of crocheting. . I know ridicules). I will go back and check it thanks!!!!!!!!

Oh I am officially starving now and nothing sounds better than empanadas Sheri! Have you had arepas yet. . yummy! Yuck to my quick bowl of cereal! -Michelle:devil

Yes, I have had them, but not stuffed. Sounds much better. I am going to have to try that. Sometimes I cheat and make empanadas with canned biscuits rolled out. I know they are not traditional, but you don't have to fry them.

Lea, empanadas are a type of pastry made with fine spanish cornmeal that you roll or press out, place some filling in (shredded meat & potato, or egg, sausage and cheese, or a variety of other filling ideas including fruit) fold it over, press to seal & fry. They are actually pretty easy, just takes a little while.

I finally got caught up :hook

The pic turned out a bit dark though

10-21-06_1859.jpg

I'm anxious to find out what the decision we need to make tomarrow is :hyper

Thank you Lea!

I still need to get the pattern for my choker written down, but I will definantely be sharing the pattern :D

Hi Everyone,

I know what you mean about cleaning or crocheting. :D I've been completely glued to the computer waiting for rows to show up or just checking out all the great stuff and crocheting like crazy:hyper

I did mine this morning but have been out most of the day or someone else has been on the computer:grumpy :lol

th_HalloweenMysteryProject5copy.jpg

(clickable)

Mine's a little off I think. I ended up with only 40 stitches. At the end of each row I always had one less, but I kept going. Looks good I think for my first try!:yay

I was thinking of making it into a pillow or something for one of the kids to have.

Starr and Ilene yours looks great:cheer

I think your ghosty witht he mosty looks great! ..I use to come up with one short until I went beyond what seemed like the last stitch ( not sure if that makes sense) so I was actually digging around doing a stitch into the top of the chain stitch... or maybe you just missed a sttich somewhere... it doesn't really matter with this piece though... Great job!:cheer

Thanks Lea :D Yeah I'm not sure either, I was using the ch st from the previous row at the end but maybe I went to the second st on the next row, although it looks pretty squared off.

Oh well he's a cutie anyway :lol It was hard to see with that black yarn, hadn't worked with that in a long time. :hook

Choices Choices Choices...

...... at this point you can leave the Ghosty with the Mosty as is and crochet a back for him crocheting 34 rows and join all around...

OR...

If your really really ambitious, you can crochet a few squares of white in teh same size and a couple more of the Ghosty and have a halloween throw( if you would finish that before Halloween...your awesome).....

OR.....

When I originally designed the pattern it was for a treak or treat tote...

If you want to keep going...

sc 3 more rows in black chain 1 and turn after each row

then ...sc 14 chain 20 sk the next 12 sttiches..sc in the next 15 ( to end) chain 1 turn

sc across for 3 more rows including the chained stitches....chain 1 at the end of each row

to make the back simply follow the pattern using all black

...so... what are you folks going to do????? And lets see pics!!!

I had so much fun doing this with you ladies... I'll ahve to design something for Christmas!

:hug :hug :hug

Choices, Choices, Choices indeed! I'll take the day to think on what I really want to do with mine. If the rain holds out we have to help my DD finish moving out today and clean up the back yard from the distruction of the laundery room. (Hubby tossed all the debris out the back door as he went, including the old water heater.)

Is it not raining at your place??? We have rain right this second... the sort of rain that makes you want to crawl back into bed..~sigh~ but dh has to leave tomorrow for New Bern so I have to get his clothes ironed/ washed/ packed.....

...must...have... caffeine:(

OH...I was doing my morning random thought thing when I started putting this project together with the Irish rose pillowghan (just finished) and the Dude Monet (just started). I think I will edge the ghost, and a few of his brothers and sisters with the lattice from the Monet pattern and make a few white ones like the Irish rose companion square and join them with the lattice technique.

Very whispy and very quick. What do you think?

And a big thanks to Minwife for the great pattern. :manyheart (could we do an advent calendar pattern for christmas?) :D

OH...I was doing my morning random thought thing when I started putting this project together with the Irish rose pillowghan (just finished) and the Dude Monet (just started). I think I will edge the ghost, and a few of his brothers and sisters with the lattice from the Monet pattern and make a few white ones like the Irish rose companion square and join them with the lattice technique.

Very whispy and very quick. What do you think?

And a big thanks to Minwife for the great pattern. :manyheart (could we do an advent calendar pattern for christmas?) :D

awesome random thoughts there qupid... I can't wait to see the results... ummm...advent calendar...."you" had better get started :P

Thanks so much for the pattern, Lea, it was too much fun! Now I will be thinking all day what to do with this little guy...I'm liking the idea of a tote bag or treat basket, but it's just too hard to pick! :lol

Now you've got me waiting for the Christmas one! :D

awesome random thoughts there qupid... I can't wait to see the results... ummm...advent calendar...."you" had better get started :P

hehe. How do you do the graphing thing and I will post pics as I go. I have already picked out my colors and patterns. Now if I can just find a way to convince the hubbe that he needs to buy the yarn I'll be all set.

ACK!! I ended up cleaning yesterday and then we went to the Greek Festival in town (where dh and friend imbibbed a little too much on Greek wine and beer LOL) and didn't get ANY crocheting done!!! ACK!! But that is OK--the weather here in Savannah is cool and rainy---a great day to get caught up!!

I would be thrilled to do a Christmas one!! This forum has been great for me to get my creative juices going--and has been a stress reliever!!

Choices Choices Choices...

...... at this point you can leave the Ghosty with the Mosty as is and crochet a back for him crocheting 34 rows and join all around...

OR...

If your really really ambitious, you can crochet a few squares of white in teh same size and a couple more of the Ghosty and have a halloween throw( if you would finish that before Halloween...your awesome).....

OR.....

When I originally designed the pattern it was for a treak or treat tote...

Had a thought of another option for it, for odd folks w/ my mind frame lol. You could crochet it long enough and then reverse the ghost pattern (from top to bottom) and make a scarf, or a Halloween table runner, or, w/ a shorter length of black added above the head do the reverse ghost and make placemats... or find a container that fits right and wrap the square around it and seam it up to have a vase or even use that as your candy dish for the trick or treaters......(that way the treaters would be more surprised by what type of candy you give and if YOU are a tricker, hehe, could hide a rubber rodent in there and suddenly skeer them w/ it :devil ).

:scared:loco:headache :headache ok, think I need to stop brainstorming ideas, I'm getting a headache from it....lol

Sandy

Lea, I think that I'm going to finish mine as a purse for me :D I think that I am going to add a few more than 3 rows, make your handle, (maybe a detachable shoulder strap too) and repeat the ghost for the other side :hook

I am so glad that I didn't finish off the black :D

I'm in for the christmas one! This was so much fun!!!!

Lea, thank you so much for this project. It made me determined to get past my fear of the changing color thing. I am still really afraid of multi colors, but am thinking I might be able to figure that out. Maybe you could try a Thanksgiving project with maybe a couple of color changes. It seems to work out really well just seeing a few rows to do at a time, especially with something you haven't done much before.

But then again, anything you choose will be just great!!!!!! :D

BTW - I am thinking of making a pillow with my qhost. I am going to get a piece of black fleece for the back and crochet the 2 together around.

Thank you for the opportunity to learn this fun technique. This is something I have wanted to try for some time. As you will probably notice, this is my first post to the forum. I have "lurked" here for a long time and this is a great forum.

Thanks again for the chance to expand my horizons and to learn from a very talented lady. You are a great motivator.

I really enjoyed this......

Jenn~ great ideda for the purse! I don't ahve any trickers around any more and that would be a perfect idea for me!

shari~ I never would have thought about the fleece... great idea!!! now that is something I ahve never tried...the crochet around fleece thingy... but I did buy the latest Crochet Today and I think they had a tutorial...I do ahve something I am designing for Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure if it will work or not... still in the design stage... for sure at Christmas

.. and Mom's Crochet... a very big welcome to you! Glad you enjoyed the CAL and we hope to see alot more of you around here...what are you going to do with your ghosty with the mosty???:think

Archived