Mystrey Crochet along Day 5 Post # 86

minwifeof4boys

:lolLeave it to me to give too much info! I also put the "black" behind my work then finish the stitch. Play with it some, I have found that I pull different tensions and place my yarn in different places with every different yarn type and stitch. I bet it looks much better than you think. After all tapestry or changing colors isn't as clean looking in crocheting as it is in knitting but it comes out looking just fine, and I find it so much easier!!

Again I give more info than asked for!;)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first time I've done any thing like this (carrying the colors over). Thanks to those of you who posted photos. I feel a lot more confident about mine now. I was worried about the second white stitch, but I think I've done it correctly. This is fun! :yay

Thank you everyone for your help. I will try it some more and then just go with the flow :lol :lol Yes, the second white is the one I was questioning also. I love the idea of this mystery. Looking forward to the rest.:clap

I just want to know what it is I'm making!!! I'm really bad at someone knowing something I don't. But hey thats what makes this fun, right? Can't wait for morning when I'll get my daily dose of 8 rows.

ready to change colors ALOT????? Hooks ready ?:hook ...Here we go....

Row 9: Bl 9 W 17 BL 15 ch 1 turn

Row 10: BL 16 W 17 BL 8 chain 1 turn

Row 11: Bl 7 W 18 Bl 16 chain 1 turn

....you should have a clue at this point what we're making...keep going!

Row 12: BL 14 W 17 BL 10 chain 1 turn

Row 13: Bl 15 W 11 BL 15 chain 1 turn

Row 14: Bl 13 W10 BL 18 chain 1 turn

Row 15: ( don't pull your hair out) BL 11 W3 BL4 W9 BL3 W3 BL8

chain 1 turn

Row 16: ( deep breath and relax....here we go) BL5 W6 BL2 W8 BL3 W6 BL 11 chain 1 turn

.............and have a fine day.... all day long!:yay

I feel like a crack addict. I was checking this thing at 5 this morning to see if the next set had been posted. Then I could have gotten it done with my morning wakeup time. Maybe I can sneak it in on my break. Not that I would bring my crochet to work with me. Nope, not me.

Thanks for the pattern, this is fun.

I'm glad I'm doing this as a cal! those last three rows I had to rip them each out to fix mistakes! :eek Sometimes its a good thing to wait for the next eight rows. :) Might be gone for the next three days. O, Well I'll just have to crochet more on monday to catch up.:hook:devil

i just got home from working all nite and had to see what was here for the day. will print it off and take it to work and see what i come up with. i and cant wait to see what tomorrow brings. i love this

Well, I wanted to share a picture of my progress, but my photobucket is being a pain. It won't let me browse my computer today to upload for some reason :angry

I was able to upload pictures yesterday.....

Anyway, this is alot of fun! I have worked with multiple colors before, but not like this. I like it. I think my tension is tight though because it wants to curl.

I think when I am done, I am going to like the back with a heavy material :D

I figured row 9 was 15 black instead of 18, too, I'm having so much fun with this!

I somehow have acquired a pesky extra stitch though, :think:shrug so I guess I'll be ripping back to row 8 and trying again :lol

This is my first time working a graph-type project.

Thank you so much for this project. I have been wanting to learn how to do picture crochet for so long. This is really fun, once I got the hang of it. Can't wait for more . . . . .:D

100_1844.jpg

Archived