My October 2006 Table

Tampa Doll

My October 2006 Table

th_October2006TableA.gif (clickable)th_October2006TableB.gif

Having been in the TampaBay area of Florida for 15 years. I often long for the South Jersey Fall Season.

I remember the colors, sounds, and smells of that time of year.

I remember the cool crisp morning air the smell of the falling leaves playing in

the big piles of raked leaves.

I remember trick or treating in Halloween costumes and full bags of candy.

I remember the abundance of the pumpkins, cranberries and apples.

I loved hot apple cider with ginger snaps and home made apple or pumpkin pie. My mom would always have this ready for me and my girlfriends when we returned from the high school football game. These are some of my fondest memories of the 1950’s and 1960’s.

My October Table always seems to rekindle that young girl in me.

I hope you enjoy it and any good memories it brings to you

Happy October to All Mary Jo

Oh, I LOVE your little ghost-us (DGS's pronunciation!)! Cute table as always! Your post explains why DH and I won't ever go further south to live than TN - gotta have the Fall!

So cute.... is the doily thread or cotton??? It really gives a nice finish to the table:cheer

I have a lot of fun with these tables. Glad everyone likes looking at them also.

The cover is size 10 crochet thread.

This is the pattern book I got it from:

http://www.u-bild.com/books-craft-project/AN873352.htm

That is really colourful with the splashes of Orange. We dont do Halloween here so I dont really understand what the celebration is about. I do love the colours though, and it sounds like the memories are special Mary Jo.

your tables are so much fun. i love seeing them every month. but i just have one question, where and how do you store each month. this is a constant discussion at my house, so any ideas are very welcome.

as always, great work!

You're very talented! I can't imagine how much time it takes to put these displays together...but the result seems well worth the effort! :)

I love Mickey's outfit and the little ghosts.

-- Michelle

Archived