Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

Kim - very nice ghan I love the bright colors. You can do that easy without the pattern.

Tabby - I see you decided to use the yarn how is it looking...

I know what you mean with it taking so long to do one row. Last night while watching ER I did some and the end of the row seemed to take forever. I think I only got one and a half rows done in that hour of tv...

This ghan is for myself but I am making one for my mum for xmas but its hexagons all crocheted together. It looks quite good if I do say so myself.. hehe

Go on Julie start another ghan just for yourself... It can be a xmas present just for you.....:)

Wendy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

I've finally persuaded my husband that he must have a blanket in the frontroom so have decided on this pattern - have bought the wool today - Rowan Cashsoft in Donkey, Savannah and Cream so can't wait for it to arrive...

Will keep you updated on progress...

Eggnog~Good luck on your ghan! I'm sure it'll be beautiful.

Wendy~Yep, I did decide to use the blueberry print & I think it looks okay. Not real thrilled on the look but I keep telling myself "who cares" it was suppose to be made out of stash only so I should be proud that I stuck to it. Plus, it's for the hubby & his smelly feet so I didn't want to make it too nice anyways. :lol:D

Julie~Good Morning Sunshine! :D

Eggnog - welcome and good luck with your blanket. I look forward to seeing some pics

Tabby - that is so nice of you to make a blanket for your hubby's smelly feet... hehe... Im sure its going to turn out wonderful..

Julie - have you picked out your yarn yet for your blanket.... yes your blanket.. hehe... Im sure you will make something for yourself eventually.

Can you believe its 2 mths till xmas. I have no idea what to get my girls for xmas. Emma is 9 and Kelly is 12....

Wendy

Tabby

Good morning to you ,too .

Sunshine reminds me of that song I used to sing Cam UNTIL he got big enough to say Mamaw, don't sing !!!

( I at least had a "captive audience " until he learned to talk . )

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey.....

Come on ladies, join in. There's nobody here to hear me today so I can sing my lungs out . (Unless the neighbors call the cops ) .:lol

Wendy

Well, let's just say you have put the idea in my head and I am thinking on it as we speak. Gotta figure out what colors I'd want to make it . This would be a good pattern to use since it's so easy and speedy .

Your girls are at kind of a hard age to choose gifts for -- do either one of them still like any types of toys, like Barbies ,or are they into the clothes, jewelry and that kind of stuff ?

It's been a LONG time since my girl was that age. She is now 28 .

Hi! I want to join this cal!So off to walmart I go-I did a practice piece(am relatively new to crocheting)and realized the ends looked bad.Then I looked at the pictures and realized my mistake-so I am ready now.I work as an Hospice volunteer.Monday I was giving out lapghans,when some of the taller men said they wanted larger ones.The rectangle granny is the perfect choice needed!First, I have promised myself to make to make my 2 children one for a holiday gift. song of the day continues ...

Please don't take my sunshine away!

Hi Leslie

Jump on in, the water's fine ! This is a perfect project for lapghans , because you can use scraps, any color combos and they go REALLY fast .

What colors are you gonna use for your kids ?

I made one already for my grandson who is 4, all in really BRIGHT colors, but just went to get some colors to make another one -- they are so fun to do and easy to work on, even when watching tv or something, because the pattern is the same thing round after round, so little concentration is needed .

For ME , that's a GOOD thing . :lol

Hello Leslie! Good luck on your ghan.

*singing* You'll never know dear how much I love you, so please don't take my sunshine away....................

(I think that's how it goes, LOL) It was Jaden's favorite song too until like you said Julie, he was old enough to tell me to shut up. I believe it was the song that the mom sang to the daughter in Beaches too, I love that movie.

hi

my husband calls me egg sometimes for some weird reason and we are partial to the odd eggnog latte...

donkey is brown

savannah is beige

and cream is (you guessed it!)

should be nice though as have brown leather settees... mum reckons will look a bit old lady but the wool is so nice (merino and something else with 15% cashmere) i reckon it will be a winner!

just waiting for the postman now ...

Hi Tabby

I never saw the movie ( not much of a movie fan ) ,but it had Bette Midler in it, didn't it ? I like her a lot- she is so funny .

Maybe that's why babies are so much fun . I love to sing, but I sing kinda like a frog that is choking to death on a grasshopper , so it's not exactly a soothing sound .When Cam was little, he'd just lay there and watch me sing . Now that he is 4, he always tells me DON'T SING ,MAMAW .

I even try to get him to sing WITH me, which he used to do, but he wants no part of that either. I think I drown him out -

Just picture the Rolling Stones singing with John Denver .

Which one would I be ?

LOL Julie, you are too funny. I doubt you're that bad. Kids are too honest sometimes. I've had my kids yell out in a store that the man by us stunk. I almost died. I was like Shhhh....that's not nice & my kid looked at me & said, But it's true mommy. Oh lawd, I walked away from that man as fast as possible. HeeHee! Kids, they're so cute....when they're sleeping. :devil:lol Just kidding, I love em. :manyheart

And yes Julie, that movie does have Bette Midler in it. She is hilarious & I just love her ecspecially in that movie. :yes

Hi everyone,

The colors choices for my kids(college age and one in grad school)will be pastel pink,green and blue for my daughter.I am planning to do hers first.My son loves ocean colors so his will be grey,shades of blue and sea green.It is a rainy day here**singing in the rain***My daughter and I used to sing in the car together-once we were still singing when we went into the house and my son had a friend over and he joined in on the singing.My daughter and I couldn't stop laughing.Sometime singing has nothing to do with how it sounds,but how it makes us feel.(unless you have to listen)

That's an idea, Wendy . I keep SAYING I'm gonna make me something to keep, but haven't done it yet. This may be a good time to do it !

This would be an excellent time! What nicer gift is there when you actually crochet a masterpiece for yourself! If you DON'T give it to yourself, I will personally go to your home and handcuff you to a chair or wherever you are more comfortable and have you crochet an afghan for yourself!

:D

Tab

I know, my kids used to do that too, when we were in public, they'd say something really embarrassing about someone -- GEEZ, EXIT LEFT .....

Leslie

Your colors sound pretty , especially the ocean colors. I love the ocean too ,but have never been able to find the exact colors that would remind me of the ocean. It's gonna be neat to see what you come up with . ( I might steal your idea ) :D

And as for singing, my oldest son HATED it when I used to sing . I'd wait til we got in the car, then sing ON THE ROAD AGAIN ... it'd drive him BATTY . :lol

Melannie - Well, I guess I'd better make ME an afghan then if I'm gonna be chained to my chair til I do ! :eek

I'll let you know what I come up with .

hehe One of the reasons I chose the two colors I did for mine is because I know no one else would like or understand what those colors mean so no one else can steal the afghan from me. So, finally, I'll get something for myself.

:think hehehe, seems I never get to keep one of my own either, having a blast using up all my baby colors on a 'pop' baby... how is it someone's wife can be preggers and you don't know until you get the email announcing the baby's arrival :eek

love the way this pattern can work up so fast with chunky yarn and a large hook

Leslie - your colors are going to look amazing.

Melannie - your so funny, I can just see you going round to Julie's house and handcuffing her because she gave away another ghan....:lol

My ghan is taking ages... hmm maybe its because Im using a size 3.5mm hook(E)... now I know why you all use bigger sizes.

I also cant get used to some of the terms you all use. Like in Australia we say wool not yarn, grams not ounces, 8 ply not worsted weight, balls not skeins....very confusing..

Archived