Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

Good morning,

I got quite a bit done yesterday on my ghan. Last night I spent time doing the hexagon blanket for my mum for xmas.

I am looking at the monet and wondering whether I have time to do that it looks interesting, but for now I am doing the 3 day charity square along.

Have a great day everyone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Gang

Robyn- hope you are feeling better today 1

Wendy- hope you had a great Sunday -- ours is just starting . :)

Dianna - those baby colors are so pretty ! Nice work !

Tabby- keep on going. You should have some new yarn to work with in the next day or two, so try to wrap this whopper up if you can.

Wonkey- can't wait ti see your purples ! Sounds pretty .

Carol-thanks for finding the thread for that ripple- boy is that pretty !

You're so welcome, it's so pretty, that's what caught my eye, also, it takes a lot of yarn, but after I get the grannies done, that we're giving to our family for Christmas, I can start on that, hope!!!

It's almost done, i'm putting the border on now. YIPPEE!!!!!!! :cheer I'll let ya know tomm. when i get it finished. I'm having trouble with my internet so we'll see. I have to call them tomm. to see what's going on. I've been [osting all day & none of my posts showed up so sorry everyone, I really did reply to people it's just not going through all of the time. I hope this one goes through, it seems to be working for the minute. Well, good night & i'll talk to ya'll tomm. :manyheart

Actually my internet is magically fixed, but I knew it would be because it's Monday & they probably had a slew of calls from the weekend about it. HeeHee!

Anyways, i'm back. And guess what? It's done, woot! Yep, the giant granny is el finiosoed. LOL! It's not too bad looking if I do say so myself, ecspecially for using up just stash. I'm going to try to get a pic. now, i'll brb. :lol

Okay, here it is in all its glory. It is 53 rounds & measures 69" x 56". I used an H hook & stash yarn. I put a plain sc edge on it. Nothing fancy but it covers my hubby like he wanted it to. It makes a good wrap around ghan, nice & snuggly. Thanks for looking.

th_092657.jpg

Very pretty ,Tab !

You could never tell it was just using up stash . It looks like you actually chose those colors to all go together ! What is the light color, is that a yellow or aran or what ? I really like it !

Great job , and now good old Shenandoah has something to cover up with, handmade by his best friend. :manyheart

Chores....no problem! Since I have problems getting to sleep, I get my housework done during the wee small hours(1am to 4 am). Then I get some sleep from 4 am to 7am and then I take some crochet projects to work with me. I have started my afghan and it looks great! I even started to do the granny squares that need to be stitched together. I am doing it in black and white. Years ago, my mom had one that was on the back of her wooden rocker. I missed that 'ghan so I decided to make one myself.

I think my new signature should read: Runs a vacuum and crochets at the same time...but I don't do windows:lol

Thank you everyone! :manyheart:ghug

Julie~I used tan in the beginning to seperate rounds then ran out. The light color towards the end is blueberry print, it's white with lt. & dk. blues in it. (wasn't sure what color you were talking about, heehee). Here's a close up of the blueberry print.

th_135335.jpg

I noticed my pics. are a bit blurry but I think it's because of the webcam. Grrrrrr.....I really need to invest in a digital camera. Anyways, the blueberry print is a yarn that was passed down from my aunt & it is old. The prices on the yarn she gave me ranged from $0.49-$1.49 so it's definitely a little aged. I wish yarn still cost that, i'de have a boat load.

Again, thanks everyone!

Beautiful job, Tabby! How much does your finished 'ghan weigh (and the number of rounds?) I'm wondering how much yarn you used.....

thanks for the pic and the info!

Tabby - your ghan looks amazing and see the blueberry print looks great with it.:cheer

Melannie - I cant wait to see pics of yours, keep going...

Julie - hey Julie whats happening I hear your going a rippling along .... hehe:lol I might have to do a ripple ghan one day....

Well gotta keep going with the 2nd day of the charity squares... not getting anything done on my ghan at the moment

Wendy

Wendy-

I'll tell you what :

I am SO addicted to these CAL's, I need to make ONE afghan to fit ALL the categories . Something like a RIPPLED QUILTED MONET DELIGHT THAT YOU CAN WEAR AS A SKIRT OR USE AS A PURSE .

Know any patterns that'd fit ALL those categories ? :lol

Beware of the yarn eating vacuums out there!

How about a cal that is a Flowered Granny MAM THAT YOU CAN WEAR AS A HAT OR USE AS A PURSE OR MADE INTO A MINI THAT CAN BE WORN AS MITTEN OR A SOCK?

back to working on my growing granny! Leslie

Thanks again everyone!

Patricia~I have no idea how much it weighs & I don't own a scale, heehee. I know it feels awfully heavy if you walk around wrapped in it. Yep, i've already stolen it & used it. LOL! He does get it at night time though, but that's it. :lol:devil And I think I said it was 52 rounds but not sure, It's back a couple posts. Thanks again!

BTW, you ladies are histarical. :lol :lol :lol

You girls are so funny, :lol

Last night I was doing my charity squares and watching Greys Anatomy and bawling my eyes out. It was the last one for this season where Denny dies....

Its a wonder my squares werent all wet.

But on a brighter note I saw a commercial tonight that the amazing race starts next week. Im so addicted to reality shows.... geeze I need to get a life.... hehe

Well gotta go do more and more squares, but I think I need a cuppa first.

Wendy

Thanks again everyone!

Patricia~I have no idea how much it weighs & I don't own a scale, heehee. I know it feels awfully heavy if you walk around wrapped in it. Yep, i've already stolen it & used it. LOL! He does get it at night time though, but that's it. :lol:devil And I think I said it was 52 rounds but not sure, It's back a couple posts. Thanks again!

BTW, you ladies are histarical. :lol :lol :lol

Thank you, Tabby! sorry, I should have checked your earlier posts for the rounds :embar I bet it's really comfy... :c9

I'm stalled on 8 rounds; I put it down to finish up a stole/shawl I'd promised, and I guess the colors just weren't calling my name loudly enough to pick it back up again. Got some Windsor and Candy Apple Red Homespun that I'd like to do something with, though.....

Melannie

That black and white is gonna be stunning, I bet !

You need a RIDING VACUUM CLEANER , then you could drive it with your knees and crochet with your hands . Just watch where you're going or you might sweep up the cat ( if you have one ) :lol

Haha....I have 4 cats. Hmm a Riding Vacuum Cleaner it definitely needs cruise control. So far the Black and White Granny squares are looking good. But since I have CADD...I am working on the purple giant granny, the b&w squares AND an afghan for my aunt who is suffering from Cancer. Busy Busy Busy....I also need to clean my betta fishes tanks....:help

Patricia, Im sure you can make something nice with that wool although Im not sure what color windsor is. I know what it is like when you start something and put it down for awhile you just cant seem to get going with it again.

Im amazed at how much wool you all must have. Where do you keep it all.

Melannie - I would never have thought to use black and white, I cant wait to see the effect it will make on your ghan. You need a housekeeper then you can sit and crochet all day. I hope your aunt will be ok. My mum is in remission for ovarian cancer and still has to have checkups every 4 months.

My ghan is on the back burner until tomorrow as Im doing the charity square thing. I have done 21 squares in 2 days, not bad seeing as I work 9-5...

Oh I wish to be a sahm... where is that genie when you need it.

Wendy -

I've never watched Grey's, but I hear it's real popular . Your Amazing Race must be on a different schedule than ours-- our newest one started about a month ago, I think ? Do you guys watch the same one, or is it one done for your side of the world ?

Good for you for doing the charity squares !

Patricia- I'm the same way, if I don't like the colors, it aint getting done. That's sometimes why it takes me so long to get a good start on something. I have to see the colors together to see how I like them .

Mel- it sounds like you have lots of projects in the works . I am trying to limit myself. I work better with ONE thing on the hook . Don't like all the pressure to hurry up and get stuff done .

Hope your cats watch out if you get that riding sweeper ! CLUNK .... CLUNK .... CLUNK ....

Good Evening Everyone:clap and happy halloween!!

I had to take a little time off, my left wrist has been hurting me, so I decided to give it a little rest.

This is how far I've gotton on the yellows & white "smiley" granny afghan!!

I sewed the smiley face onto a hotpad, but just left the loop off of the top, & sewed it onto the 'ghan in the center, I hope it looks ok!!, I sure can tell you, it's bright enough, I had to close all of our blinds, turn off the lights, close the doors, just to get a picture!! there are 3 shades of yellow, & white, so if there is anything I can improve on, for the next one, please let me know:yes :hook , I hope you have a fantastic wednesday!!

smileyafghan002.jpg

Archived