Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

I love your smiley-ghan. The colours are so bright and cheerful. I don't see anything that needs improving so far.

Although... you could make mini-smilieys and splatter them all over (I dare say this cuz I won't have to make them all :D )

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

darski Thanks for the advice :jumpyay I'll start working on it tomorrow, I think one day off is enough:hook , my wrist has had enough rest, I do hope I have the time to make some mini's!! I still have 2 more grannies to make yet , ugh!!!! this grannyI'm working on now, is the 11th one, just this year!!! all for christmas gifts for our family:manyheart :hook

Wow Carol, your smiley ghan is fantastic it really brightens up the place doesnt it. The smiley in the middle is cute. how did you do it and how do you think of these things to do.. and what is a hotpad... sorry for the dumb questions....

well done...

Wendy

Carol- 11 afghans that is amazing... wow I still have to finish one.

Julie - yes the amazing race that starts here next week on tv is the american one so we must be a month behind you.

Im getting back to my blankets now that I have finished the charity square along. I will try and at least finish one or two afghans this year.

Is anyone interested in swapping addresses to send xmas cards to one another...we could also send postcard pictures of our hometowns as well. I think this would be a great idea, if you would like to please pm me.

Wendy

Wow Carol, your smiley ghan is fantastic it really brightens up the place doesnt it. The smiley in the middle is cute. how did you do it and how do you think of these things to do.. and what is a hotpad... sorry for the dumb questions....

well done...

Wendy

Hi Wendy

I found a pattern for some hotpads, & used that to make it, just didn't crochet the loop on top of the hotpad, here is the link for the pattern I used !!:http://www.christinascrochethaven.com/smiley_kitchen_items.htm

I used a darning neeedle, with some yellow yarn, & stitched all around in the center of the 'ghan, then I flipped it over, & stitched the whole back of the smiley face to the afghan, to make sure it was going to stay put!!

...and what is a hotpad...

a hotpad is something you use to take hot items out of an oven so you dont burn yourself, or you put hot items onto a hotpad to protect your table or kitchen counters from the heat.

:clap Wow Carol, you have been busy!

It's so neat to see how different this pattern can be every time:hook

:yay Great work

:yes Keep 'em comin'

:clap Hi Nancy!!

It nice in the mornings, when I'm working on it, I put it over my legs, to stay warm:hook

Carol, that smiley face is really cute.I think my college age daughter would like it. Leslie

Hi Leslie!!

The hot pad is so easy to make, then sew it onto the afghan in the center here is the link for the pattern for the hot pad I used.

these grannies are fun & easy to make & with the smiley face on it, makes it even more fun:yes :hook

http://www.christinascrochethaven.com/smiley_kitchen_items.htm

well done...

Wendy

Wendy,

I'm sorry that I didn't answer your question about what a hot pad is??, any type of thick-square-or round shape holder, you use to pick up hot pans, or hot baking dishes with, so you don't burn yourself!!

:yes hope you have a nice day!!

Please don't worry if youthink that you asked a dumb question, it wasn't a dumb question, and asking questions, is the one of the most important ways we can learn things!!

:woo:jumpyay

I finally got my camara back today!!!!!!! So...here is how far along I am on my granny....I'm working really hard on it...really..I am....

Carol....Your smiley ghan is sooooo cute!! I love it...and the colors go along so well....and you are my hero!!!:hug 11 ghans????? WOW.

th_Greenafghan.jpg

Carol - 11 GRANNY'S? woozers I'm about half way done with one and third of away done with my brothers afghan for christmas!!!!!! I'm amazed! How long does it take you to finnish a ghan normaly Carol? you got some speedy hooks there any advice???

Irikel - I love the granny awesome colors!!!

Olga - your afghan is lovely. I love the colors....:cheer

Carol - We call a hotpad an oven mitten in australia

Im interested in doing either the crochet a quilt(around the world) or the monet... has anyone done either of these...

Wendy

CALS

giant granny square along - 1/4 done

3 day charity square along - finished

Hi Wendy

I made the Around the World ,which was fun to do as far as choosing colors -it does turn out really pretty too .

The squares are tiny and there are lots of ends to weave in and joining to do, so if you don't like doing those things, then get ready for a challenge . It isn't a hard pattern to make though, it's very simple .

I am currently TRYING to stick with the Monet, which is a simple pattern too and not nearly as much joining, etc . My problem is I can't seem to settle on colors I want. I have started it over and over -

I am sure you'd be VERY welcome in either or BOTH CAL's !!! :)

Carol - Very nice! the colors are great and bright :lol The smiley face goes perfect with it. :cheer

Olga - Beautiful afghan! I love the colors. It would go nice in my living room (we have a sage green color decor) Very nice! :cheer

Thank you ladies!!:bow ...OK..now I'm showing off.:lol ...No ...really...Thanks for all the nice comments...I am really working hard on getting around now...you know it takes longer the bigger it gets...I still have a couple of skeins or skiens or whatever to finish off..lol

ch2crochet....that is a sage green...from RH.

Hey y'all, I finally finished one!!! This granny's for my mom, using Homespun and Bernat Chunky.

MomsGranny.gif

Hope she likes!!! Oh, I do have to weave in the ends, though:(

Archived