Equine Crochet

MBT

These are used to keep the flies out of the horses eyes. They really do help. Not to mention looking great.

Actually they do serve another purpose in addition to keeping flies out of the ears/eyes. The netting over their ears helps filter out noise. You see it most often with jumpers, helps to keep the noises from the crowd/outside of the arena from being as much of a distraction. :)

This is very interesting. I live in an extremely rural community, mostly farmers. There are a great number of folks in the area that own horses. This would be a neat thing to provide. I looked around the internet and they sell for around $5 or so. I may have to purchase one and deconstruct it. It does not seem that difficult.

Thanks for all the info on their practical uses. This horse was used in the jousting at a crowded Renaissance Fair with hundreds of people screaming, so I bet he could use all the distraction reduction he could get!

They do make them I have seen them my self at when I take my daughter to horse shows! Next time I see one I will ask them who made it and can I have the directions then I will share with all! I know they are called ear fly bonnets.

Archived