The Bag that I Copied

shortylam

It went all the way back to when I first came to this forum that I saw this "Fendi CAL". But I came a little bit too late as the lady who distributed the pattern no longer did. So I said "what the heck, I can do this" and gathered some Bernat softee chunky yarn in pink and whip up something similar.

I made the body first as it was just sc all the way around. Then the flap was kinda trickier as I never did ruffles before. But I learned and frogged some couples of times. And it came out alright I guess. Here's the pic (clickable image):

th_September064.jpg

I guess I'm getting good at copying things without the pattern thanks to c'ville. I'm so happy :manyheart

You did a fantastic job with this purse. I love how you were able to copy it without a pattern and just figure it out as you went along and make this all your own. I really like the contrasting yarn bow because it's not so big it doesn't overwhelm the purse - and the ruffles turned out just perfectly balanced for the bag part of the purse. Very impressive! :cheer:clap:hug

Ooo! It turned out really good! Did you see the way I did the ruffle? (It was posted in the Fendi CAL thread...) I have been wanting to make another one, in green.

Yours turned out really good! :cheer

Tina

thanks for all your nice comments. I feel so :blush reading all of them. The Fendi CAL provided me enough information to figure out how to make the bag, even without the pattern. The only time I frogged was when I did the ruffles but then I figured out my own way (which is kind of similar to what Tina did on hers).

I really like this bag and if I have enough time there'll be another one as a gift for one of my cousins.

Archived