My mini-handled purse

lulubird6

As soon as I saw this pattern, I knew I wanted to make it! I needed a "bag in a bag" for work as I often bring a big bag to school and work filled with books, etc, but sometimes wanted to run out but needed something to hold my wallet and cellphone.

Thanks to Monica for such an easy and cute pattern. I made one original with lighter colored bracelets and pearl-colored Caron's Jewel Box. It turned out so cute (and quick, about 1.5 hours total) that I immediately gave it to my visiting niece without taking a picture first. This one is in Bernat Soft Boucle in Teal Twist, and I added bobbles to the front but you can't really see them so I don't think it was worth the trouble to add them. I thought it needed something else so I found this ribbon at Jo-Ann and am toying with how to accent the purse with it. Either a bow (too precious? and not in a good way?) or maybe some coordinating flowers. Any suggestions?

237948765_139bf13c8f.jpg

(ooh, did my picture actually work? hurray!)

You have the same problem I do. I take a large bag to work to hold my lunch, and my water bottle (and my crochet :) ), and I need need need a small bag to hold just my wallet and keys so if I have to run an errand at lunch time, I can just grab the small bag. I've been on the look out litteraly for months trying to find just the right little bag. I think I just found it :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!! thank you so much for that link!! It so cute - and Im in total love with that ribbon - I agree with not adding a bow - just joining and then hiding the seam!!!! IT goes so amazingly well with the colour you chose!

Thanks guys! I went ahead and threaded the ribbon as suggested. Because the bag is so small, the opening is kinda far down so I actually had to cut the ribbon and sew it to itself in back. I am not a very good seamstress AT ALL and poked myself about 5 times just making 4 little attachments...which brings me to the fact that I know that I should line the bag but am completely petrified at the thought of sewing (or even cutting fabric!) anything.

But I've been using it and enjoying it, it really is the perfect size and the bracelets are so convenient. I think I'm going to make another "original" like I made for my niece as an in-between project when I start the Victoria's Secret skirt.

This is it! This is the bag that inspired me. I started making the pattern you used, but didn't like how it was working up so I took the basics and started again. I created a cute little bag very similar to this.

But that got me thinking "what if..." so I created something of my very own. I've been bit by the design bug! :eek

Melissa

:D

Archived