emeraldmoon

Any one from Virginia?

Hello All~

I am in Richmond, on the West End. Touch bases anytime :hug

Smiles,

:manyheart

Kidge

FunkyReporter,

It's ironic that you live in SoCal and your daughter, a crochetville member, attends George Mason in Virginia. I live in Virginia and my daughter, a crochetville member (CaliAdria) attended George Mason and now lives in SoCal. And you're right, it is 37,000 miles away!

And Svetlana, you are not the only crocheter in northern VA. I live in Ashburn. I started crocheting about 35 years ago (at least) but stopped the last few years. I have been wanting to get back into crocheting for a long time. My main problem is my darn farsightedness. I can't seem to find a pair of glasses or a magnifier that will alleviate the eye strain.

Oh, it's not that far... if I started walking now, I'd be there in 6 weeks or less! :rofl

Hey Kidge,

I'm on the West End too. I've been trying to get a regular group together to meet and crochet. L-A (a member here) is also in Richmond and we've met once and are hoping to get together on a regular basis. Would you like to join us?

PM me your contact information if you're interested.

I didn't see that anyone else posted this information, but I can be senile, so apologies if this is repetition.

CGOA has a Northern Virginia Chapter that meets each month. In fact they're meeting this evening.

They meet the second Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm. A former president of CGOA, Karen, started the chapter.

It meets in Aylins, a crochet friendly LYS.

http://www.aylins-wool.com/home.htm

Directions:

Directions from Washington, DC:

Take Rt. 50 into Nothern Virginia approximately 8 miles to Graham Rd.

(Next stop light after Annandale Rd.) Turn left and make the next right into

Loehman's Plaza shopping center. Go to the 3rd floor of "7-11 building" in the middle of the center.

Directions from the Capitol Beltway (I-495):

Go to Northern Virginia. Exit onto Rt. 50 East.

Proceed just under a mile to Graham Rd. (4th traffic light after the Beltway) and turn right.

Make the first right turn into Loehman's Plaza shopping center.

Go to the 3rd floor of "7-11 building" in the middle of th center.

I'm in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area. I'm new to crochet, and i'd love to meetup with people in the Chesapeake/VA Beach/Norfolk area for advice and help on crochet.

Anyone live near me?

I'm in Elizabeth City, NC - about 30 to 45 minutes away from you. If you can get down here, we have a Starbucks in our local Farm Fresh and a indy coffee shop that I just adore!

My daughter is in college in Virginia but I DON'T KNOW WHY! She called me this morning on my way to work to tell me that a light pole had fallen in the parking lot of the bookstore she was in and it smashed across four cars! That is not my idea of a fun state. And she said it's really cold and I don't do cold. I live in California near the beach where we are weather wimps. I should have a tattoo that says "store between 60 and 72 degrees"...

Anyway, my daughter, Villager Ah Leah, is in Arlington... she's getting pretty good at this crochet thing - though she NEVER SENDS ME PICTURES!

My daughter is in college in Virginia but I DON'T KNOW WHY! She called me this morning on my way to work to tell me that a light pole had fallen in the parking lot of the bookstore she was in and it smashed across four cars! That is not my idea of a fun state. And she said it's really cold and I don't do cold. I live in California near the beach where we are weather wimps. I should have a tattoo that says "store between 60 and 72 degrees"...

Anyway, my daughter, Villager Ah Leah, is in Arlington... she's getting pretty good at this crochet thing - though she NEVER SENDS ME PICTURES!

Well, funky, you have to give our poor little state kudos for excitement (a lightpole falling DOES fit that category...lol). :D

Sandy

Well, funky, you have to give our poor little state kudos for excitement (a lightpole falling DOES fit that category...lol). :D

Sandy

Sandy, if you happen to run into my daughter would you tell her to SEND HER MOTHER SOME PICTURES:(

Sandy

I wonder if her daughter was here when Isabel went through - lots of light poles fell where I am - among other things.

Sandy, if you happen to run into my daughter would you tell her to SEND HER MOTHER SOME PICTURES:(

I'm on the southwest side of VA, down near North Carolina, while she's up near Maryland...so don't think I can hunt her down PHYSICALLY too well, but I can post here 'AH LEAH SEND YOUR MOM SOME PICTURES!!" :)

Sandy

No, I'm not from there... Sorry. :no

.:Yarny:.

Wendy............where in stafford? I am near ag wright middle and garrisonville and at the back of our subdivision is the new mt. view high school and an elementary school

I need to check this more often! Wow I am very close to you. I live in St. George's Estates! I drive down Choptank every morning past the elementary schools on my way to Springfield!

Small world!

Wendy, i live just off of st. albans we should get together!

I sent you a PM. I would love to get together after the holidays! Is there anyone else in the area that would like to join?:yarn

:cheer:clap I live in Roanoke Va. near the blue ridge moutains. :yes

hi kazily! nancy here,i live in bassett va! would love to meet up with ya one day! do you have msn messenger?:cheer

Hello neighbor,

I live in Bassett and work in Martinsville. :) I have yahoo, if you'd be interested in chatting, or send me an im or email :)

Sandy

I'm in Chesterfield; right down the road :U

Ohhhhh yeh you are!! Do you do any meetups in the area?? If so you should PM me with the info!!

I can't believe I'm still the only one of two from Northern Virginia!!

My family lives in NOVA....Alexandria to be exact!!! But I don't go up there very often. My mom used to crochet a long time ago (she's the one who taught me) and I'm trying to get her back in it...if I do I KNOW she would love to meet up with you! :hook

Hey there...I'm in southwest Virginia, Bluefield to be exact right on the WV border. Anyone from near here?:clap

I'm in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area. I'm new to crochet, and i'd love to meetup with people in the Chesapeake/VA Beach/Norfolk area for advice and help on crochet.

Anyone live near me?

I'm in Norfolk!! I'm part of a great crochet / stitch group. We meet at least twice a month. We are on yahoo if you want to check us out:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HamptonRoadsSnB/ or you can message or email me from here.

Edited to add: DOH!!!! I didn't pay attention to how old the post was!!!!! Hope someone from Hampton Roads is checking in though.........................................

We have a great group of people - mostly ladies and one gentleman! All ages, all types of crafts.