Any one from Virginia?

emeraldmoon

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Natalie

That sounds like a great idea :).. I am working now during the weekdays.. Only till 2:30 though but we could always try on a weekend. Maybe at the Starbucks over by Virginia center commons?

Cathey, I live in the West End of Richmond. We just moved here about 3 months ago from Indiana. It's beautiful here. I would love to meet up sometime!

Great to see so many others from VA!!

Natalie

• 2 months later...

I'm in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area. I'm new to crochet, and i'd love to meetup with people in the Chesapeake/VA Beach/Norfolk area for advice and help on crochet.

Anyone live near me?

I'm in the hampton roads area...there is a meeting at the Euro cafe in the farm fresh shopping center in Smithfield the first sat of the month, which is this sat 12/3 from 10-1 and they have every wed at the barnes and noble at the coliseum mall from 7-11 pm. can email me about any of the days...I should be at the one in smithfield sat...

Bren

• 6 months later...
:clapI think I met you Brenmichelle in Ben Franklin around the holidays..too funny!! You gave me your website..I live in Carrollton, VA!! We are very close neighbors..nice to meet you again!:hook

I'm in the SW VA area around Martinsville. Seen a few folks posting on here that they were near me and I wanted to say, "howdy neighbors :) "

• 2 months later...

I am from the Charlottesville area. Actually closer to Staunton now. I would love to get together with other crocheter. There is a meeting at the local library every Thursday night but each time I've been able to go they cancel it for some reason. It's for crocheter and knitters so I bet that it will be more knitters than crocheters. Things usually are like that.

I just joined that yahoo group. Looking forward to meeting new crocheters!

• 1 month later...

My daughter, Crochetville member Ah Leah, is attending college in Virginia... um, I'm not exactly sure where :( ... We live in So Cal and Virginia is something like 37,000 miles away from here... I'm geographically challenged:think . I think she's in Northern Virginia and near some college called George Mason... I'm surprised she hasn't piped in on this one, but maybe she's busy with school and work!:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I thought I would Join in I live in VA Beach near Little Creek Amphibious Base. I would love to get together but unfortunately my hubby isnt around for a while and I dont really have anyone to watch my boys so....Sadly I wouldnt be able to meet unless it was on the weekend. Anyways its good to know there are quite a few crocheters out there

• 2 weeks later...

FunkyReporter,

It's ironic that you live in SoCal and your daughter, a crochetville member, attends George Mason in Virginia. I live in Virginia and my daughter, a crochetville member (CaliAdria) attended George Mason and now lives in SoCal. And you're right, it is 37,000 miles away!

And Svetlana, you are not the only crocheter in northern VA. I live in Ashburn. I started crocheting about 35 years ago (at least) but stopped the last few years. I have been wanting to get back into crocheting for a long time. My main problem is my darn farsightedness. I can't seem to find a pair of glasses or a magnifier that will alleviate the eye strain.

Archived