Any one from Virginia?

emeraldmoon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Cathey,

I now live in Strasburg,,,,,,,,,,,it's south of Winchester. Bedford didn't have any craft stores but we could go 20 miles in either direction to Roanoke or Lynchburg and go to Michael's. I can't believe that there isn't one in Winchester. There is however, a Ben Franklin in Woodstock but the prices are so high compared to Michaels and the selection isn't so hot either....:blah :blah :blah

Coralie

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our Ben Franklin here in Mechanicsville is much better than michaels.. They have a huge selection of all the exotic yarns.. There are a few yarns that they dont carry, but michaels has them. I was looking for the festive fun fur, michaels dont carry it, but Ben Franklins does..whooping 7.99 a ball.. OUCH.. So I didnt get any..

I love it out your way, its so beautiful..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm in Winchester, 1:45 or so from DC & 11 miles from the WV border.

We've got a Ben Franklin (lots of colors of Red Heart, some eyelash/fur yarns, a little bit of pencil roving from what I think is a local farm), Joann's (not much of anything really, their yarn selection is steadily going downhill), Mall-Wart (decent selection of Red Heart, Caron, LB etc.), and one LYS that sells the high-end stuff that I drool over but can't really afford. (Not that their yarn is unreasonably priced, just that I can't afford the high-end stuff.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all--I'm new to VA as well as this site!

I'm out in Ashburn (b/t Leesburg and Herndon). How far out is Burke? The only craft store I've found in the area is Michaels-- and how lacking is that store in color choices!!

I'd be interested in getting on a local sit and b*tch

• 2 weeks later...

I also live in Fairfax, Va.....just over a mile from Yarn Barn......small world!

Burke is in closer in to DC than than Herndon- it's in between Fairfax, Springfield, Annandale and Fairfax Station.

There's an AC Moore in Fairfax that's also OK.

• 3 months later...

I will be moving to Virginia in December. I'm gonna need new friends so people who crochet would be great! I'll be living near Richmond. We'll be stationed at Ft. Lee. Anyone near there?

Your actually close to Hopewell(STINKY TOWN) and dolonial Heights.. I live 40 mins north of there, Mechanicsville off of 295.. Which is only 10 mins from Richmond it self. Richmond is aprx 40-45 mins also from Fort Lee.. I have only been in that area when I travel thru to go to the outerbanks.. HOpe that you like HOT muggy summers :) as that is what you get here.. Lots of bugs too.. Winters arent to bad here, we get snow once in awhile.. other wise winters are actually mild in my opinion..

I will be moving to Virginia in December. I'm gonna need new friends so people who crochet would be great! I'll be living near Richmond. We'll be stationed at Ft. Lee. Anyone near there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I live in Arlington right now, right outside DC. Am originally(ish) from the Hampton Roads area. Haven't found a lot of other crocheters around here - which seems odd.

I've been amusing myself by teaching all of my knitting friends to crochet (and vice versa!)

I live in Arlington right now, right outside DC. Am originally(ish) from the Hampton Roads area. Haven't found a lot of other crocheters around here - which seems odd.

I'm in Arlington too -- there's a fair amount of crocheters here, actually, but mostly in Falls Church/Vienna. :)

I'm in Arlington too -- there's a fair amount of crocheters here, actually, but mostly in Falls Church/Vienna. :)

Excellent! Are there meet ups or crochet nights at local shops that you know about? All the groups I go to (including the SnB at my work) I seem to be the only crocheter - it's always a cool group of people, but there's no one to really ask when I get stuck on something.

Archived