knitting-warehouse.com and Annie's Attic shipping

ankey

Anyone have experience with either shipping from knitting-warehouse.com or Annie's Attic?

I have never ordered yarn or patterns online except through ebay and I am thinking about ordering yarn from knitting warehouse and 2 pattern booklets from Annie's Attic as a birthday gift for a friend. Her birthday is on Sept. 1st.

I just learned that Annie's Attic is pretty well known for really slow shipping and high shipping costs. It costs $12 extra to ship an order faster in addition to the high regular shipping cost. Do you think I should take a chance and just use regular shipping for Annie's Attic? Don't they ship from texas so it should get to me pretty quickly? Also I heard shipping from knitting warehouse is kind of slow as well - is it worth using express shipping for my order with them as well?

Knitting-warehouse has always been fast for me.

Annies was high and a tad slow last time I ordered from them (i had it sent to another state.. not to me in Tx).. but when I contacted them, they said if the order hadn't arrived in two weeks, they would re-send it. It arrived at about 10 days.

After the Annie's order arrived, I found the same thing on ebay.. cheaper (shipping wise that is)

My experience is that knitting-warehouse is wonderful for pricing and speed, have yet to have a complaint about them.

Annie's Attic is horrendously slow (that is what I have heard from others too), so be sure to order long before you need it and don't be surprised if it takes 3 weeks (assuming everything is in stock). They are great about resending orders if they seem lost (I had this happen and then had the original package show up a day or two later), but it can take 3-6 weeks to get your order, so don't be impatient.

I can't speak to Annie's Attic because I've never ordered from them, but I've heard the same complaints about them being slower than Christmas.

Knitting warehouse, on the other hand, was super fast and I'd order from them again in a heartbeat. I placed an order the day after Thanksgiving (Fri.) and I had it at my house the following Tuesday. Can't beat that with a stick!

I frequently shop Knitting Warehouse & always surprised how quickly I get my order,3 -4 days. I no longer order from Annie's Attic since I can usually find the items I'm interested elswhere & I always seemed to have to call them about my orders.

:)Alosha

i just ordered from annies attic for the first time recently, it took 8 days to get here, not too bad...plus they were having a free shipping promo...not sure if thats still going on...i think maybe it goes through aug 29th?

Lee Ann

I just placed an order (a yarn swift and some thread for the Patricia Pepe skirt) with Knitting Warehouse the other day, and I hope to receive it soon.

I'm disappointed in AA:( . I had used them since high school, but the shipping is terrible. While you pay good money for shipping, they send things media mail or something slower than that. I have called them about an item I hadn't received, and while they were very nice and sent the item right away, I got the replacement faster than the original item.

Why couldn't they do that in the first place?:think

Like most of you, I can get AA stuff much quicker from other places--eBay, AC Moore, Michaels, Maggie's Crochet, so I don't order directly from them anymore:no , but I do feel kind of sad about it because they were my first:sigh

I have never ordered from knittingwarehouse....but have from Annie's. I don't have a problem with the shipping time...just their fees. I think their shipping is extremely high. Now, if I see a pattern that I like in Annie's, I check my LYS first and if they don't have it, I use e-bay. I can almost always get it cheaper and for less shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
I ordered from knitting-warehouse on Sept. 2 and still haven't recived my order.....today is Sept. 13th.

I placed an order in the evening on September 5 and received it September 11. You should get in touch with them somehow and see what's going on. Good luck.

You could die of old age waiting for an order from Annie's Attic. The only thing I use them for these days is that "Pattern a Day" on their website. Otherwise, I'd say go with the other.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I ended up deciding not to order from Annie's and instead just order from Knitting Warehouse (used their flat-rate shippping) and my order came in less than a week! :yay

I may try ordering from Annie's Attic when I don't need my order in a timely manner. :lol

I was just catching up on all the posts so I know you've already decided to order from Knitting Warehouse but I did have another question regarding Annie's Attic.

Has anyone noticed that the Annie's Attic website shipping & handling charges are different (higher) than the printed catalog charges? They charge too much either way and like everyone else already mentioned, their shipping is very slow.

Archived