Kitchen Set (patterns added, hope you can follow them...lol)

tlisley

Here is a kitchen set I made yesterday. The coaster and scrubbie I just made up as I went. I think they came out well. It uses exactly 1 3 oz. size Sugar and Cream to make. Thanks for looking! :hook

**OH! I should add that there are 4 coasters to the set, but I only felt the need to share one...lol!

Kitchenset.jpg

Those are really cute! That scrubbie looks really special! :cheer I love to try my hand at making a few of those. They look like fun. Can I ask where you found the pattern?:think

Daisy

Very nice. Annies attick had a free pattern yesterday I think, for scrubbies and I have yet to make one. I think they are neat! Of course ours get used so bad that it's not worth it... but for a gift set it would look great and be fun to do.

Thanks for sharing!

The patterns are all in my little pea brain...lol. I could try to write them out (they are really easy) but it may be a little confusing...

The dishcloth is easy. I used an H hook for it and sugar and cream yarn.

Chain 29 (or any odd number for 2+1 multiple)

Row 1: HDC in 3rd ch from hook, ch1, skip next ch, hdc, ch1 in next ch repeat across.

Rows 2-17 ch 3, hdc ch1 in each ch1 space across.

Edges: at end of row 17 ch1 and make 2hdc into last stitch (on side) 1 hdc in next space, 2 hdc in next space, repeat down edge to row 1.

4 hdc in corner sp. Along bottom work 2 hdc in each space.

Repeat for other 2 sides.

Scrubbie:

Nylon scrubber, F hook

R1: Work 42 sc evenly around center of scrubbie. Join w/ slip stitch.

R2: CH 2 work 1 hdc into each sc. Join w/ slip stitch.

R3: CH 3 Work 2 dc in each hdc around Join w/ sl st

R4: ch1 *2sc in 1st dc, 2hdc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc, 2 tc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc, 2 hdc in next dc* repeat around.

Coaster:

G hook

(This one is not perfect. Round 3 and 4 can get a little ruffly but I just messed with it by flattening it with my palm and then round 5 seemed to straighten it out well.)

Ch 4 join with sl st to form loop.

R1: Ch1 (counts as 1st sc) work 7 sc in center. Join w/ sl st

R2: Ch 2 work 2 hdc in each sc. Join

R3: Ch 2 work hdc ch1 hdc in each hdc around (don't ch1 in between stitches) Join

R4: Ch 2 work 2hdc ch1 in each ch 1 space

R5: ch1, in first ch1 sp work picot (sc ch2 sc) skip next hdc, sc in next hdc. repeat around.

Ok, I hope that is close enough. I am working up some now with only 1 hdc in R4 and only the picot stitch in R5, and they are not so ruffly prior to finishing.) Hope you can fake it from there...lol.

Thanks for sharing the pattern!

The colors that you used would be perfect for my mom's kitchen! Might have to make a set for her. :)

The color is Westport, in case you wanted it.

LOL, you might not want to thank me until you now if the pattern is right! Really, they are so simple you could fake it if there is a mistake somewhere.

Thank you all for being so encouraging... makes me want to go crochet!!:hook

Thanks so much for taking the time to write that out! I'll be making coasters for Christmas and I'd like to try out a few different ones before I get started on "production"!

Your kitchen set came out really nice, you did a great job:cheer and thank you for sharing the pattern, that was really sweet of you:c9

Carol

Archived