Polish Grannies

perigrine

A friend just found this site for me to look at. It has crocheted underwear on it. *women in g-strings on this page* I quite like the undies.

Apologies to the powers that be if this post/link should have been elsewhere.

Yeah they're cute, but there's really only a 15-minute window in almost anybody's life when they can comfortably wear them without looking like a fool!

Yeah they're cute, but there's really only a 15-minute window in almost anybody's life when they can comfortably wear them without looking like a fool!

Most men wouldn't agree with you on that ;)

I don't think I look good in them at all but......dh thinks they are the cats pajamas on me. So I occassionally will wear them.

They are lovely but I was wearing them I would be constantly thinking that someone's grandmom crocheted them for me. So I was planning on crocheting large afghans when I retired but I guess I should start thinking about a crocheted thong business.

I think they're lovely. I wear thongs and they're very confortable. Now my secret is out. Don't tell my grandchildren.
:lol

I love their design, but GOD! Are thos girl skinny, some look like skeletons!

Anyway, I like the boxer shorts but I wonder if it wouldn't be a little itchy (I've got a sensitive skin down there, sometimes I can't wear undies ... now my secret is out :P )

And how do they obtain a stretchy close fitting material? I am in owe!

They look like they take a lot of work to wear, if you know what I mean.

Very pretty, though.

Also, I agree with Yammy. The older I get, the lower everything gets but I swear my husband doesn't seem to care. I even point stuff out to him, and he just shrugs.

I wish I'd known how easy men are to please back in my twenties. Could have eaten more.

Oh, Pyogazel, elann.com has a cotton yarn with elastic in it, for swimming suits and whatnot. You could try that.

I have been trying for years to keep my underwear out of you-know-where, I just can't imagine deliberately putting them there and feeling comfortable!!! I prefer my cheeks covered!!! And I totally agree with aliciasjoy, "They look like they take a lot of work to wear, if you know what I mean." Now MY secret is out!!!

i thought these type of post were not to be displayed since we want to be a pg rated forum? just asking for the purpose of knowing what is ok for posting and what is inappropriate on this forum!

Thank you Aliciasjoy for the heads up on Katia yarn, I found their site and I think you're talking about "cotton comfort", am I right?

I understand your concern Stitch Luva, however, the original poster made it clear the site contained pictures of women in their underwears, and although posing suggestively, I think it's not different from what you can see on a beach or at the swimmingpool. I think most of those pictures are ok.

But I'm not the moderator of this board :)

Maybe this will help:

G- General Audiences

PG- Parental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for pre-teenagers

PG-13- All Ages-Parents urged to give special guidance for attendance by children under 13. Some material may be inappropriate for young children

R- Restricted: Persons under 17 hot admitted unless accompanied by parent or adult guardian

NC-17: No children under 17

Parental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable. Those are the key words. We've been PG from the get go. I personally felt some threads were closed and moved that should not have been as they fall under that. That's my opinion, not a debate. If anyone wants to debate, I'll be glad to do it off the board. ;)

I think the thongs are cute, I've seen them before. While I wouldn't wear them, my niece does and I'd love to make her some. There is a huge difference between having an unwanted wedgie with a bunch of material and a small strip that is supposed to go there. :)

Pyogazel, I was thinking of this one:

http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=elann%2Ecom+Collection+Esprit&Season=&Company=&Cat=&ProductType=5&OrderBy=&Count=1

In case that link is too long, it's http://elann.com and the name of the yarn is Collection Esprit.

It's sport weight, and I've never actually tried it, but it's been discussed on another board I frequent and is supposed to be super stretchy. I love Elann, I wouldn't be able to knit and crochet most of the things I make without them and knitpicks.

I can't conceive of using my yarn for 'butt floss'...sorry. They are cute...but realistic? Not for this one! As far as content...I don't think the site has anything you couldn't see outside your own door in the summer. Besides, only in the US are people so consciencious (?) about the human body. Other parts of the world laughed when we made such a big deal out of Janet Jacksons exposed part during the super bowl half time. Anyway...now I'm rambling...

Here's another type of cotton yarn that has elastic in it.

http://www.cascadeyarns.com/cascade-fixation.asp

I have used this type of yarn to knit socks with and for the small amount of elastic it is very stretchy. And it also washes up in the washer really nicely. I had to show my hubby this site, he was tempted to get out the credit card and order me one of everything lol.. My days of showing my cheeks like that are long gone and over with......

Besides, only in the US are people so consciencious (?) about the human body.

Oh no, some Aussies are still Victorian in thier outlook. I personally think the pictures were tasteful - and if my body looks like that when I'm a Gramma, I'll be happy :yes

Ok! thank you Aliciasjoy for the link to Elann's Esprit, and thank you christinacoghill for the headsup on Cascade's Fixation, I bookmarked both sites and will try to find those yarn either on e-bay or at my lys (which is unlikely in France but you never know!)

I am never content with the underwears I buy, I might just as well do them myself :hook

Archived