Yarn, Yarn, Yarn - How Much Yarn Stash Do You Have?

YOU BET, ANYTIME!!! we have to all help each other:clap :hook

oh, by the way, my hubby told me to tell all of your hubbies, well, atleast having a BIG YARN STASH keeps us at home & making great things!!! and making other people HAPPY

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:catBetween fabric, books (craft), yarn, cross stitch and other craft supplies (can't settle on just one thing!) , I probably have that much and more. I need to origanize all of it but don't know where to start! Wanta help? :heehee RLOL

just wanted to let you all know that I did it again got more yarn today at wal-mart...:clap wasn't plan but it there talking to me hehehe...

Today I made a layaway at wal-mart on the pounders sizes,, I bought that pretty color "Candy Print" and "Bon Bon" they have them in pounders here. Its not on clearance or sale but I got them anyways... I had to have those colors... :idea I see a future grand :dreaming daughter blanket made out of Candy Print...and Bon Bon...

They had a green, yellow, blue variaged color but there was sooo much green and not enough blue and yellow so I put that color back--would be good for a boy.

There is never enough yarn its like ART :artist you need that right color when you need it,, for that project.

DragonfliI,,,,, I was reading the other postes, I didn't know crochet hooks counted,,,I have probably 6 or 7 cigar boxes full --can't think of a good size to use so you all know a good idea. And Beads I use beads in my thread crochet works and got about 2 fishing tackle boxes of beading supplies for the thread crochet, got the beading shovel & beading tweezers,, beading tray,, bottles,, labels,, markers to mark the labels,,and beading needles the big eye's.

And then there is cross stitching thread embriodery threads I use that for crocheting as well. Its a bit softer than crochet thread and great for crocheting onto clothes..... I got like 2 or cassetes tape keepers full. Its like a box that keeps like 50-100 tapes or something like that. I have all kinds of colors. That is not in the pictures.

And does crochet books count?:hook Probably got a hundred or more probably I know more. Decorative crochet almost 5 years and Magic crochet 5 years of those I really need to get them in binders and orangized !~~~ Not all of them are in binders yet.

Then there are crochet workbaskets that I am going to thin out with time over on e-bay down the road,,,,,,don't use them much cause there are so many other projects in the books that I don't do and just taking up room....lol....

Then there are cross stitch books that I use for crocheting:hook .

Tons of other books not collection wise but they are crochet books.

Maybe all of this will count another 2 points for ya...

can't wait to hear what kind of yarn your hubby is buying you..maybe he will buy you a beautiful hook off of E-bay.:ebay My husband buys me some from tiome to time. I love my graydog puppy hooks ! I think its gray dog who makes them and then there are other names on Ebay:ebay .

I love E-baying:ebay lots more yarn,, threads,, books,, crochet hooks :hook never know what your gonna see. I am always E-baying... Can't wait to get my Dutch Crochet Book all the way from Netherlands~~~ yes ,,,I got it off of E-Bay:ebay

DragonfliI,,,,, Maybe all of this will count another 2 or 3 points for ya...

can't wait to hear what kind of yarn your hubby is buying ~~~~:yay

Congrats!!! :cheer I only found this thread today, but wow, you ladies are awesome. ^_^ I recently moved cross-country, and all I have with me are two balls of size 10 thread... I love making doilies, but when all you can make are doilies, afghans and shawls demand to be made, hehe. I hope your hubby brings you back something amazing!

i knew we would, you know us crafters always stick together! just so you know i bought more yarn today(8 skeins of patons grace in purple yummy!) and a new book., and most of the annies crochet newsletter magazines that i bought on ebay(about 40)came in the mail. i collect annies crochet newsletter mag. i can't even begin to count how many i have! oh the pattern club magazine too! can't wait to see what kind of yarn you get. i'm almost jealous.

jackie:worried

Yifero: Can you fill 17 - 15 gal tubs? Hey if not lets add you to chocchip!! :idea I can do that right? Hubby says he suspects I might be cheating! I do not believe that I am cheating.

Chocchip: Lets add you to Yifero (again, I do not believe that I am cheating) P. S. I agree w/Crazeemoi - - I think - - - - Well I do agree with buy more and justify it baby!!! :jumpyay

Laurine:dragonfly

Ok, I don't believe you are cheating! I thought I might need to be added to someone.

~Kayla~

Ok everyone, got some yummy yarns. Hubby got a variety of different things, so I am going to try to post a picture. He is trying to upload right now. Be patient!!! But . . . . . I got some Berroco, Ironstone, Crystal Palace, Bernat, well I am just going to post pic ok??

Talk soon and thanks again every one!!!!!

My mother has taken over my old bedroom for all her craft stuff. She's accumulated enough in six odd decades. I purchased a couple of mixed bags of needles/hooks from thrift stores, so she does not want for hardware either.

All told, including tubs, stash, hardware, gadgets, WIP's, patterns, and old afghans that really need to go away (i sympathize with the hoarding - they are blankets from my childhood, but there is a time to let go), she has a large bookcase full of yarn crafts.

I've been able to manage my stash a little better (I'm young enough to still be Highly-Mobile so portability is important). Getting sick over my birthday this year helped (see sig line. I really did say that). Having a rule about no new yarn without definate project and tight finances have keep the stash lean. But not before I went out to Ikea and got furniture to keep my hobby in.

Okay, I have about 6 - 20 gal tubs.....maybe more because the yarn keeps escaping and ends up on the twin bed that is in the spare bedroom.....and then I have the hanging thingy in the closet with crochet thread and then I have a basket full of various odds -n- ends of yarn, etc. Okay, maybe if I were forced to put everything in plastic tubs - I would be able to fill 9 tubs all total.....

Are we counting the supplies (hooks, books, etc) needed to use the stash????:devil:yarn

Hi everyone!! Ok, finally figured out this picture thing whew!! I sure hope this posts ok. Here is the new yarn my bubby brought back for me for winning our bet!!!!! yeaaayyyyy and thanks again everyone!!! Hope you can see it ok. I am so evil he he he!! You know this stuff cost a fortune!!! He said, "wow hunny I didn't know how expensive this stuff is. Hey if things ever get tight, we can sell your yarn stash"!! I told him not to use that type of language around me it is not acceptable!!

newyarn.jpg

Here is my 8 year old with the ballerina barbie outfit she just finished!

ballerinabarbie.jpg

Here are some purses I finished over the past month or so. See my fat bottom bag!!! Silver and black!! My clutch turned out a little bigger than I thought, but the colors sure sparkle!!

purses1.jpg

I wish you could see the beading a little better. The green one (on closing flap) and pink one (hanging from bottom and one strand from handle) directly below are trimmed out with Swarovski Crystals and etched Swarovski beads.

Copyofpurses2.jpg

purses3.jpg

Ok, I think I fixed the picture problem. What a job!!! I have been at it for hours!!! I need a break!!! Can you all see my pics?

Laurine

Ok, I think I fixed the picture problem. What a job!!! I have been at it for hours!!! I need a break!!! Can you all see my pics?

Laurine

Yeah to your hubby.. he did a great job. And did your daughter make her own barbie outfit? yeah to her too!!

P.S. when you get ready to tackle photobucket again, There's a way to make the pictures "clickable" ie: they're small in the post, but you can click on them to enlarge and see the details (like the crystal beading you mentioned). If you need help figuring it out.. shoot me a PM and I'll help.

Your husband did good - nice assortment. So sweet of him to spend the time picking them out.

Your daughter did a great job on the Barbie outfit! Keep up the good work and make Barbie more clothes - she needs them.

:yay You got some nice stuff from your hubby. Such a thoughtful guy! Did he pick all that out on his own?

The Barbie outfit and the Doll holding her are adorable. She, your daughter, has a beautiful smile.

The purses are gorgeous. Great job.

:yarn On a side note, my hubby went down to Tucson this weekend looking for rocks and minerals. Well, he went to a yard sale down there and :manyheart bought me a bag of yarn. Now keep in mind, I don't know how much or what kind or what color, but its the thought that counts, especially since it's the first time he's ever done that.

Barb

Thanks again everyone:D ! Fuzzbugjr, how nice of your hubby!! My husband has gotten me yarn before but only when I send him to the Craft store with the label of one that I ran out of so he can tell the clerk "I need more of this". This is the first time he picked it out on his own. Quite frankly, I am amazed at what he got. I expected 10 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in various colors, so this was a realy treat!! Not that I don't like Red Heart Super Saver, actually I prefer Caron SS over Red Heart, but anyway . . . . .

I don't know what I am going to make yet, but it will come to me. Working an Afghan right now.

Lisaisme, I may have to take you up on your offer. I will pm you when I am recoverd from the 3.5 hours I spent getting the pictures to post!!! Thanks again everyone!!:yes

Archived