Yarn, Yarn, Yarn - How Much Yarn Stash Do You Have?

You know, I might add, in our defense, we do not buy all this yarn at one time (hopefully!) That is why it doesn't seem like alot each time you go into the store. Three skeins here and there is harmless enough, but it does add up... before you know it you have a small fortune in yarn.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, I think I have you all beat!! I have : the bedroomcloset, the fron room closet, the downstairs bedroom, and part of the living room (really large)---all totes and boxes of yarn. But mom has everyone beat--the whole top floor of her house is yarn!! It's in totes and plastic bags in both bedrooms, down the hallway, all stacked up about 6 ft tall (over my head)! There's just a little pathway to walk down the hallway and that's it.There has to be thousands and thousands of skeins of yarn there. I have started to sort it for her (where to really start) and there's a lot of really great stuff up there!!

See, you never can really have enough yarn!

If your mother ever considers having a sale to get rid of some of that wonderful yarn, please let us know! It sounds like a paradise, I bet you could spend hours (on a cold or rainy day) exploring all the different skeins!

• 8 months later...

WOW! :eek Yarn Heaven!

Not wanting to make you all jealous but after reading this I asked my fiance if he would have a problem with a room full of yarn. He says no and that we can even share it as he knits too. Sounds like it'll be fun. We've got a way to go before we reach the likes of the warehouses we see here but we'll get there.

Hey - if its yarn heaven does that mean we're all yarn angels? :D

• 1 month later...

I don't have as many but a do have at least 5-6 tubs, and let's not forget the yarn that is in the bags with started projects...as long as your not collecting tubs of husbands he shouldn't mind...lol!

Going back and reading this thread was like watching a good movie. Will she find enough people with large stashes to win the bet? Come on, help her find enough people. I was sitting on the edge of my chair holding my breath until it got to the part where her hubby bought the yarn! Yay!:cheer:clap:c9

Jean

NOT FAIR!!

i get in trouble for having 1 tote of yarn and a tote bag of WIP's grr

and most of that yarn has a project, such as my blanket... if i took out all the blanket yarn id have 1/2 a tote full

and the tote doubles as my night stand

grandmoms stash is in a huge tote and a trash bag... i can litterally fit in the tote... and im allowed to tap into that (as long as it doesnt have a project yet), but most of it is icky 70's junk (think bright orange...) and scraps so i rarely go in it

and she lives 2 states away... so yeah

shes been meaning to return some of the new un-used stuff but i doubt she will... some of hers is hand me downs...

and im 16 so i get in trouble with mom and grandmom (even though shes worse than me)

Me too. I'm 17. My stepmom has forbidden me from buying any more yarn. :(.

I have about three totes full, and my stepmum thinks I'm insane/wasting my money for constantly buying yarn. She forbids me to buy more yarn (but I found a way to get around that, tehehehe).

Archived