Yarn, Yarn, Yarn - How Much Yarn Stash Do You Have?

:dragonfly Ok my hubby and I haggled over the phone for twenty minutes !!! I convinced him that crafting supplies have to count because my bins include sewing supplies for crochet beading, etc., he agreed but only if the crafting supplies contain a substantial amount of yarn!! So Daisy, girl you are in for 2!!! But, that still just brings me to 28!!!! I gotta have that yarn from Foxlake, IL ladies!!! I need more yarn-a-holics!!! or even craft- a-holics with yarn!!!!

Hey I still need someone from IL to advise me as to a yarn shop in Foxlake, IL !!!!

Lisaizme, I hope you don't mind, I copied and sent the pics of your shower to my hubby, it was just too good to pass up:rofl. One problem though, now he wants to talk to your man!!! :blah

I think you're gonna win.

And I don't mind the picture being shared.. if I cared I wouldn't have posted it. :D

Why does he want to talk to my hubby? To learn how to live with a yarnaddicted wife? LOL

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAIT! I forgot to add the six small totes under the bedside table, the one in the den and the XXL ziplock bag in the den closet; not to mention the shelf of newly wound balls and the six skeins of bulky wool I have yet to dye.

I hope this helps a little.

My yarn stash is pretty small compared to the rest of you only 1 2 gallon box thing, but I also have 2 cabinets filled with bead things, 1 box for knitting and crochet needles, and a box filled with miscelaneous crafts. Not to mention my mom's hope chest and two rather large shelves of fabric for quilting, and my mom and I each have a room for our own craft things. so I think we count as craft-aholics, I'm the one with the yarn though. does this help???

~Kayla~

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with lots of yarn!! Lets see, I have 3 HUGE cardboard boxes,each about 4ft by 4ft, a 5ft tall wicker shelf packed to overflowing, 3 large popcorn tins, and a brand new Hobby Lobby shopping bag full of cotton yarn from last weeks shopping trip. I'm not sure how many 15 gal totes that would be but hopefully thats enough to help you out! If not,:devil I'll just have to go buy some more yarn!!!!:cheer

well i dont actually have rubbermaids as the hubby considered them an eyesore, so i have a closet full of shelving, and full of yarn. then there is the large basket full in the living room, 3 large totes of WIPs he cubbys in the coffee table, the project in the car, a small "laundry" chest (like a mini cedar chest) oh the cedar chest too, the stuff i hid in that space in the back of the OTHER closet, 6 3-5lb cones of chenille in pink, green, black, sapphire, white, navy blue. i dont know how much that is, but my hubby sure seems to think it is a lot. let me know if i qualify, i will wait with baited breath. oh and that doesnt count that large sack of all the clearance baby and chenille i found at walmart today. goodluck with you endeavor!!

LOL......I have a whole big cedar chest full and I named her Audrey after the plant in the Little Shop of Horrors Movie......I can hear "feed me" in my sleep!!!

Sorry this is the first time I have been able to visit today!! I had to work!! Clients insisted on seeing me, the nerve of some people!! What do they think, I am running a business or something!! I shut my office door and crochet, he he!

OK we are up to 43 yarn addicts with some general crafters thrown in for spice!!

Sherryzzz: Craft + Yarn = 1. Thx!!

Smithvillenana: Welcome Jackie!! :hook

Ginalaughed: I checked out the thread, did the math - he counts as 2! yeaaaayyyy! Thanks you are awsome!! :woo

Craftconnie: I am going to hold you in emergency reserve. Hubby says I need to quit changing the rules so I can win!!:blah Someone needs to straighten this guy out!! :kick I am not changing the rules to win. I am modifying the peramiters of the bet to best fit each individual situation. See why I work in the legal field.

Jessco31778: You made it!! Thx. There is substantial yarn in there right? :think

Marnie413: Bless you! yes! Thx.

Lauren1526: My hubby made me do the Math he is holding firm to meet or beat 17 - 15 gal tubs. (I think he is getting nervous - he has his American Express!! I don't know what he is worried about!) Oh yeah, you made it!! Thx.

Lisaizme: BINGO, LOL :lol

Veganfairylover: You Go Girl!! P. S. I just bought 18 skeins of Caron SS during my luch hour. Hey it was on sale for $1.49 skein!! The way I look at it, I saved money!

losingmymind: LOL LOL LOL:rofl

Yifero: Can you fill 17 - 15 gal tubs? Hey if not lets add you to chocchip!! :idea I can do that right? Hubby says he suspects I might be cheating! I do not believe that I am cheating.

Chocchip: Lets add you to Yifero (again, I do not believe that I am cheating) P. S. I agree w/Crazeemoi - - I think - - - - LMAO? Well I do agree with buy more and justify it baby!!! :jumpyay

Snugsmontreal: Thanks!! Almost there!! :yay

Sallymander: LOL:dance

Thanks everyone!!

Gotta go. Our golden retriever is 1 year old today and my 8 year old made cupcakes and got party hats. Can you picture it!! Anyway I have to put together a birthday party. Yeah go ahead and laugh.

Laurine:dragonfly

Dragonfli......you're doing good here girl :hook:cheer:clap:cheer Just about 7 to meet your goal and 1 plus to surpass. Nice going! Were you able to get a hold of Crochet Dude?

ok I found the picture this is me about 2 years ago when we moved to Texas we had to put everything in storage for the time being . We took a apartment for 6 months to find till we fouind something bigger we wanted. but as it turned out we had to move back to ky My parents got down...We had enough stuff to fit a 4 or 5 bedroom house including the living room and kitchen and all my yarn crochet :hook stuff. I still have all that plus more--now. There is more you do not see here. Because we stored it wrong and I couldn't really get to it. Furniture was in the way...So my husband said just go to wal-mart or Hobby Lobby and buy more-- I did that :blush . I do e-baying quite a bit and got more there. and.... there is all the crochet books... and hooks:hook :hook :hook ,, you don't see here and since then a whole lot more yarns and definelty threads.....

Moved back to ky.... I kept some of it out this time when we had to put it in temperary stoarage again till we found something we like to buy. kept buying yarn and threads~~~and kept buying things, have a wire rack like thing for my currant projects I put skeins of yarn on it and sppols of crochet threads. pipe boxes to hold my wood crochet hooks. and won a few items on e-bay to hold my crochet hooks. and when there is a sale I take that sale ad and put yarn on layaway at wal-marts... I love my Susan Bates round carousel holder~~~ we just bought a house last March and now have a home for all the yarn,, threads,,, fabric strips, and fabric,, crochet hooks, and tons of books it seems, knitting board and few knitting books. I have bought a german type of shrunk $50.00 yard saling that its arrangeable so many ways to have for the books. It has 5 parts of a book shelf you can rearange any way you want.

My husband said we are getting a 4 bedroom house so you can have a room to put all your crochet stuff. We did that. I haven't really worked in the room yet setting it up to many things have happen since we have moved here. My little broken finger has good days and bads but I still can still crochet:hook . Once we get the blue bedroom done still have a few more things to do.. remove the painters tape touch up paint jobs. and buy more shelfs we added another shelf on to but they need to be painted.

My husband said we are getting a 4 bedroom house so you can have a room to put all your crochet stuff.

I couldn't get into photo bucket. for some reason but I found the message thru crochetabout.com that I have belong to for years and love it there. here is a link to the picture...

49 buckets of yarn showing here and there is more behind the boxes and buckets we should have spreaded them out side by side..also over at about.com crochet link is below...

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&tsn=1&tid=16167&webtag=ab-crochet

http://forums.about.com/n/docs/docDownload.aspx?webtag=ab-crochet&guid=87ab9f74-326b-4789-9156-2af7ae0eac24

yes there is more yarn,, thread and fabric strips now.. then whats showing here..:hook

th_Picture30yarnyarnyarn.jpg this picture is clickable ... finally got into Photobucket!

Dragonfli......you're doing good here girl :hook:cheer:clap:cheer Just about 7 to meet your goal and 1 plus to surpass. Nice going! Were you able to get a hold of Crochet Dude?

You know I tried to pm him several times but his mail box is still full. Then I tried e-mail and it pinged me back saying undeliverable. Oh well. Looks like I may make it without him. Thanks!! I am getting excited. I wonder what kind of yarn my hubby will pick out!!

Laurine

Sunnywolfgar: OMG!!!:day I cannot beleive that!!! It is awsome!! I want to go right out and buy more yarn!! I told my hubby, see baby my collection is nothing. I need more yarn if I am going to play with the big girls!! He groaned. Crazeemoi, I can justify it too. I just visited with a friend from SF that I haven't seen in a while and she brought me an Afghgan book, sooooo........ of course I need yarn to make the afghgans (all of them)!! Sunnywolfgar, I had to show my hubby your pic and post. You should have seen his face on video conference. I think the fact that video conferencing is a little delayed even made it more expressive. I tole him, "no math here baby, she counts as four!! :goodorbad He said, "divide 49 by 17 and you get 2.88". I said, "but she says there is more behind it" he finally conceeded to 3!!!:clap Yippeeeee. I ask him to make sure he has his American Express handy cause I want the good stuff and lots of it!!! I am at 46!!!! Only 4 to go!!!! :cheer Thanks sunnywolfgar!!

Hey Crochet Dude, if you are out there somewhere now would be the time to stand up and be counted!!

would adding one more tote from me help? I forgot about the tshirts i have cut and looped to make a rug with...... hmmmm it might be 2feet across.....not around lol plus I have more to cut up lol oh lets count my five totes of fabric too.. might cut them in strips and crochet with them. uh huh thats my story and I am sticking to it. This thread has been a blast!! Thank YOU everyone!!

Hey everyone!!!:ghug We made it!!!!:jumpyay Jackie we counted you as two!!,:2hug and I have two friends here that actually came forward and admitted to their stash!!:knit I never knew!!! I only saw what they brought to our knitting/crochet parties. When I went to their homes I never saw any stash!! You should see, between the three of us we could open a knitting/crochetting/beading store!!! Well the hubby is shopping for yarn as we type!! Jackie I was a little worried about what he would pick out too and whether it wold be color coordinated, but he would not discuss it with me he said I just have to wait and see!!! The suspense is killing me!!! I told him I wanted something yummy, and he said, "like lasanga or creme brulee!!!:rofl Men are so literal, and he is a nut. I will let you know what I get!!! He doesn't get home until late this evening, so I will have to post the results tomorrow. Hey maybe I can figure out how to post a picture. I will try. Thank you everyone, this thread has been so much fun. If you post a thread you think I would be interested in pm or e-mail me. While I try to look at them all sometimes I miss a good one. Thanks again!!! :day

Yeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WoooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!

WE did it ladies!!! thanks again, this was a blast!!

We will be anxiously awaiting to see what he brings her too!!

WOW, Dragonfli, CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer:clap:cheer:yay:cheer

I can't wait to see and hear about what your hubby brings home to you. This has got to be good! I think my hubby finally got the hint that the best gift he could ever buy for me is a trip to the craft stores via gift card. Dragonfli, you are one very lucky and fortunate lady! You done good!

Archived