How many WIPs do you have right now?

Ok, it seems im a serial project starter. Im always wanting to start new projects but then get bored with the boring bits or distracted by a new project. (Buying the happy hooker book was a disaster - lol)

I wrote down what i can remember starting - its quite scary :think but it makes me realise what i need to finish or frog.

Whats everyone else working on?

Currently i am working on a LOT of things:

1. Jolly Roger Sweater - needs 2 sleeves
  2. Plastic bag bag1 - half frogged, I will make the base into a basket (one day)
  3. Plastic bag bag2 - needs a handle but is too small for anything
  4. Plastic bag bag3 - loving this one but its only an inch tall so far and im almost out of yarn which means the boring task of making more :(
  5. A love knot shawl which is currently a small corner
  6. a couple of headbands - one was an early june bday present - oops
  7. a bag made from 'icky' wool with a cherry pattern which i cant get right
  8. a couple of pot holders from happy hooker made with acrylic just to test the pattern
  9. I also have numerous single Mary Jane slippers which need pairing :(
  10. I will want to dye as soon as my kool aid arrives - probably tomorrow and then i will want to make something from that :yarn
  11. I also have some handles for a fat bottomed bag which i cant wait to start
  12. Chenille throw

HELP :eek im obsessed!

I'm making a vest with heavy thread, but it is boring, so I keep switching to other projects. I'm also in the middle of a pretty pink shawl; so it isn't too bad except that I also have sewing projects cut out to make and a cross stitch that is almost finished. So I only have two WIPs right now in terms of crochet.

I think I have four afghans started and a washcloth. That's only my crochet projects - I can also think of 6 quilting projects, and a few other assorted crafts. But this is my summer to finish them. I hope I can batten down the hatches and lop some of those off the list by end of summer....

I just now finished two,

so I have2 or 3

1) a baby sweater that I'm in the middle of

2) a stuffed bear that I need to finish

3) the bookmarks for my nieces shower. I may have enough - have to count, but I have to weave the ribbons through.

Of course I've already bought the yarn for another baby book and blanket.

1) 1/2 made shirt

2) 1/20 made poncho

3) 1/3 made sweater

4) 1/25 made yoga mat bag

5) 1/6 made skull theme blanket

There are also a few that I keep starting and frogging, so I don't have anything to show for them.

I only have three and they are nearly done. The first one, a scrap afghan, only has four rows to do so I should finish today. The next one, a shawl with cuffs, only needs one cuff and the neck edging. Last but not least is another afghan (4th of July from one of the Leisure Arts books) only needs the border. I was thinking of finishing it tomorrow.

I have, however, already bought more yarn for another afghan so it's back to the grind stone again! LOL

Wow, that's a lot of projects....

hehe, at least now i don't feel so bad. I only have about 6 WIP's right now... i'm more of an impulsive yarn buyer. :wink

1) a granny square blanket for my sister

2) a Poncho

3) A GIANT granny square afghan for my friend

4) My first ripple

5) A two strand single stitch afghan

6) A top made out of granny squares

And I don't know if this counts as a WIP, because I got the idea yesterday, started it alst night, and all it needs is a pompom....

7) two Granny squares sewn together, to make a pocket, one square is bigger than the other. You hang it on the wall in a diamond shape and stick a note pad in the pocket and slip a pen in there. (My MIL has 2 in tan that her grandmother made many years ago, she said she'd like one in blue to match her kitchen so I made it as soon as I got home from our vist last night)

Funny MIL knows how to crochet, makes baby blankets all the time, BUT she said she doens't really enjoy it...its "boring" for her...so...I told her thats because she only does ONE project at a time. If I get bored I move on to the next project...a different stitch...OR, I just learn something new...and start a whole NEW project.

Right now, I have:

Two afghans

a triangle shawl

a tote bag for a swap

a scarrflette that needs to be finished and have a button sewn on

a poncho for a friend

a ruffle scarf

Plus, I have yarn for another poncho/shawl, another afghan that will be a gift, and a TON of hats, scarves, and other little projects for gifts and my shop. Since I recently had to quit my job, I'm going to use the time until I start working again to try and get these projects done plus prepare for an upcoming craft fair - hopefully by August I'll have cleared out my WIPs so I can start preparing for (hopefully) a fall craft fair and Christmas gifts.

Im working on a wool cable throw for my father, but in this heat its unbearable to have on my lap. I keep breaking from it to make a doily or two. Somehow working with cotton thread is so much more pleasant in summer

Green wool throw

Cotton tank top

Fandango doily

Black 1950's capelet

I'm working on kitchen stuff for my niece... I just finished a lid grabber hat and am still working on a handle grabber, a hot pad, a dish cloth, a towel topper, and a couple of potholders.

I've only been crocheting for a short time and I already have several WIPs:

-a ripple afghan which I was just planning to work on until my stash of 10 cent a skein acrylic ran out (bought it years ago at a going out of business sale)

-a huge granny square afghan

-a cardigan that just needs sewing together and some edging done

-a childs hat

-a purse

I love to start new projects. I am the same way with my quilting..I currently have 4 quilts in various stages too. Good thing my dh is so supportive of my craft materials buying.

I have 3 or 4 crochet project started. One counted cross stitch sampler that i created for my daughter from the poem she wrote when she was in 3rd grade.:yes I started it then and she is now 25! maybe i will get it done before she gets married in Jan?!:blush I have lots of little projects started to including corcheted bandages. hopefully i will finish some soon! hahaha:loco

I didnt realise we were counting other crafts too... in that case i also have 2 cross stitch projects - one was a bday present for my mum THREE YEARS ago. I have 2 hook rugs on the go and tonnes of silver jewellery thats half made or broken.

I think my problem is my attention span, and this way when i get bored of one thing, i have something else to go onto

think think think....:scrachin

1) funky pirate jacket from Interweave Crochet - just needs sleaves:loco

2) afghan, with *yawn* boring repetative rows:yawn

3) white 'filet type' stole but done with thicker cotton instead of thread

4) grey shrug

5) brown wrist warmers (UFO now, I think, 'cause I'm stuck):irk

6) and the soon to be started (today maybe?) butterfly shawl crochet along...:bounce

that's all that comes to mind currently, but then I haven't had my coffee yet!:coffee

1) Cathedral Rose Window Afghan (too large, hot & heavy to work on during the Summer)

2) Autumn wrap from some past issue of Crochet! magzine..

3) Vintage Shawl that I ran out of thread.. but I think I just found some more of...

4) Sierpinski Triangle Shawl (My son says it looks like a Triforce symbol. gamers will know what that means.) I dont think I have enough of the vintage yarn. Frogging is probably ahead for it.

5) Round babyblanket for LinusProject

6) Red/white/blue babyblanket for LP

7) Red/White/Blue Lace & Bobble afghan (all is lacking is 1/2 the outer row.. need 1 skein of Caron Wintuk in White to finish. any RAOKer's out there?

8) Another Scripture Afghan.. squares here, there, and everywhere beside the easy chair, in my suitcase, beside the bed

9)Hat-a-week CAL

10) Honeycomb shawl (my own design) for my niece for graduating college. Yeah Ashley!!!

11) Filet Afghan CAL started July 1 at another board.. and I'm already late on it.

12) Butterfly Shawl.. starting ?? when I get the pattern and yarn.

we will not even talk about the baby bunting I found in a box under the bed....said baby it was destined for is now 18 years old. Maybe I can finish it for a someday grandkid.

oh.. almost forgot

13) Rainbow baby blanket from Babys best to knit and crochet.

14) All white Lace & Bobble in baby yarn.

do blankies that need ends woven in count? if so.. add 3 more for a total of 17.

argh. this is depressing. I think I need help.

argh. this is depressing. I think I need help.

lol. It makes me feel better with my 12 :)

I dont know if its a good or bad thing to have loads of things. I guess it keeps me interested so thats a good thing

...mmm, i have a baby afghan in the works, using the hexagons from the grandmother's flower garden pattern... and the 63 squares afghan project...

that's pretty much it for now, although i plan on playing with a hat pattern in the very near future.

Archived