Hook Size?

What size is your very favourite hook to work with....I like an H! Of Course I fully expect Jimbo hook owners to say that they are the best, but what was your favourite hook size before you got your Jimbo hook?

I like the E/3,5 mm best. I don't own a jimbo hook, I have the Clover soft grip and the common grey aluminium hooks.

I don't have a particular hook SIZE that's my favorite... but yes, I gotta admit, my Jimbo Hook is my favorite hook to work with. I can't describe the feel of it, it's just "magical."

If I could, I'd get a Jimbo Hook in every size, and they'd be the only hooks I used! :hook

I use F and G alot because I like a tightness to my items. I do love working with thread though so I keep getting smaller.

I do agree that Jimbo does the best...it is so warm to the touch. I would have any size he would make me.

I don't own and Clover hooks YET!:devil

I will have to go check my conversion chart as our terms are differant that yours, i use my 2.5mm a lot but lately have been using 3.5 and 4mm. Not sure what letter of the alphabet they are but i have a chart that tells me, just don't want to move from my comfortable seat at the moment.:no

H is my favorite size for ww. Anything thinner and I like an F.

And of course, P's are great for two ww's held together.:lol

Linda:cheer

I used to love using my 4.5mm (US 7) hook, i think it was because i preferred the metal as all my others were plastic, but i bought a 5mm (US H) last week which is metal with a plastic handle and i love it, it feels stronger like the metal one (I feel like im going to snap plastic ones), but the plastic handle is so much easier on the hand.

I have always used the typical aluminum hooks, usually in G/H, depending on the yarn and whether or not I actually want to make gauge. :lol Until a few weeks ago.

That is when I found two handmade rosewood hooks, one F, the other G, while in Las Vegas.

OMG. I am in love with these hooks if at all possible. The wood seems to warm up as I'm working with it, and it is just so smooth, and lovely, and it has a deep well on the hook so it really grabs the yarn.

:dreaming Oh dear. I'm waxing poetic and getting really carried away, but it's almost as if these were made for me.

When I work with thread, I have a my mother's/grandmother's size 7 steel. It is just utterly perfect, and I have bought others along the way, but nothing compares to this one.

Well, Crochat, since you asked......

I like several sizes but I always feel comfortable when I pick up an H. I must have 6, or 7, or 8 of them, so there must be a reason why! For steel, I like a 6 or 7.

I crochet mainly with thread. A 7 or 8 for #10 thread, and a 10 for #20 thread. I recently made a baby bib with #10 thread and a 1 hook. Turned out very delicate and somewhat lacy.

http:barbscraftbooks.tripod.com/barbscrochet/id41.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived