Hook Size?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a "threadie", so my favorite hook is a 6,7, or 9 steel hook...mostly use size 10 thread, but will often use size 20 or 30 as well....only use size 100 or 50 when I veer of the crochet path to do some tatting!

• 3 months later...
What is a jimbo hook????? I googled it trying to see what they were and all i saw were rave reviws about them...which makes me want one, but I still dont know what they are or where to find them.

You want to know what a Jimbo hook is??? Lately i've been wondering that myself... its been so long since i made one (i'm Jimbo).

No wonder you don't know. I've been kinda out of touch lately but have all kinds of intention to get back to business.

Bytheway, Jimbo hooks are hand made wood hooks, typically made from the branches of trees that are collected from the ranch up in the mountains of NE Washington state.

You can see hooks that i've made in my blog at http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/ .

Unfortunately like i say... i haven't made any hooks lately.... been in some kind of hook whittling doldrum, hook maker's block? I need to get off the dime and get whittling again. Maybe your inquiry is just the ticket. I hope so.

But thanks at the very least for the nice note and query.

Jimbo

More often than not, I have my H hook in my hand.......I prefer my K when I'm working with Homespun, and since I started snowflakes recently, I really like my 3 hook.....:hook

Archived