Shaving Josh's head tonight

cmmorgantown

Hi all, well Josh got in from his friends house this evening and first thing I noticed was how thin his hair was in just over a couple of hours. I asked why and he just ran his hand over the top of his hair (without even pulling) and had a big clump of hair in his hand. So as I write this he's in the bathroom with his dad, shaving his head. And I'm about in tears. This really defines cancer to me. A bald head. But he's fine with it. I've said it before his attitude amazes me!! Well thanks for giving me an ear. Mary

I didn't lose all my hair, but I did lose some, so I can relate! I am proud of your son for taking it all so well! Besides, I happen to think bald men are good looking! Just look at Vin Diesl or the Rock!

First thing Josh said when he looked in the mirror after dad cut his hair was "I actually like it!" He took a razor and shaved himself BALD!! Kept his side burns!! His brothers all like it. In fact the youngest is getting his hair cut now!!

Mary

I think bald is sexy It proves he is a strong person who know his true person is inside and not what is on top of his head adn when it grows back it will be even thicker ,, you never knowhe might take to liking his bald head is some cultures baldness is a sign of wisdom

mary, sending :hug :hug :hug :hug for you sweetie. it has got to be one of the hardest things a mother has to do, is watch her child suffer, i think your son is one of the most awesome people around. a positive attitude will do nothing but cause good things to happen. when your more positive, your body is not as stressed. hon you have my e-mail, send me a note if ya feel like talking and i will give you my im addy thanks sooo much for being there for him and letting us be with you . god bless:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

tell Josh to keep up the good work with his spirits........we all know that counts for a lot.........hugzzzzz for you and the family and friends helping Josh thru this time...........I will keep you and yours in my prayers...feel free to contact me if you wish ..........chins up.......hearts together......

When mine came back, and what I didn't lose, came back all curly and I used to have stick straight! I like it better now! The silver lining to chemo!

i have seen that happen too kiki,i know a friend of mine who had a double masectomy along with chemo had her hair come back in so soft and thick, much nicer than the hair she had before. josh and mary and family, lifting you up in prayer , god bless:manyheart :manyheart .

Mom did not loose all her hair, but when it started growing back it was white and she has black hair... white woman of Don King.... she was great about it! Funny, Funny I don't know how that lady did what she did that year.

My cousin lost every last strand everywhere! She liked not having to shave her legs or arm pits lol Her hair came back curly and oh my so soft!!!! She kept saying to everyone "feel how soft"

Its a shame that only a few years later and now she has cancer of the back and its affecting her spine! She also is a trouper when it comes to all the yuck you gotta put up with. If it were me Id probably die.

I am married to a bald man and it is nice to have him around, my stepson keeps his shaved because he likes it that way. My toughest time was when my daughter shaved her and I had to watch it grow bac...bet she wishes that it had grown back thick and curly.

You are in my prayers and may Josh keep his positive attitude alsways.

I think we need to re-define what is beautiful. I watch the Penn & Teller show "BS" -- you know what that stands for -- and they had one on hair and the lengths that people will go to to get it or get more of it or, in some cases, get rid of all of it.

I think we're rediculous with hair. Beautiful people -- inside beautiful -- will always be beautiful with or without hair. Nasty, obnoxious people will still be ugly with or without hair. I've never seen someone undergoing chemotherapy that was ugly, just suffering.

My prayers are with you and your family. I live with a high risk of breast cancer -- my sister went through it and I've had one biopsy. Not to mention the fact that I live on Long Island and in Brookhaven Town, apparently the highest-risk area on LI. Why? I don't know -- I don't think anybody knows.

Plus, my risk has been upped a great deal because I was on Paxil for seven years. Did you know that anti-depressants increase the risk of cancer seven-fold? I didn't. I went on this crap because I was having problems dealing with my son's Asperger's syndrome and his father's obnoxious ways. My dad was on it. He died after an accident resulting from Parkinson's in January 2004. I since found that that he might not have had Parkinson's either. There are now definitive studies that anti-depressants -- and especially Paxil -- can cause Parkinsonian symptoms. He was 78 and he had been on it for eight years. In fact, my dad recommended it to me. Traditional therapy had always worked wonders in my life.

If you're interested in learning more about these problems with these drugs, and Paxil in particular go to http://www.PaxilProgress.org

My story and many others are on this site. I'm Samalabear there, too. You don't have to join to read the posts. I read extensively before I joined. This is not an appropriate forum to discuss what this drug did to me in all areas of my life but, like I said, the forum above has it all and I hope to start a blog soon -- on my to-do list.

Cathy:rose

:hug: Mary.

My hubby is a head shaver. I like the way he looks, and it make you focus on his incredibly gorgeous eyes.

Josh sounds like an amazing young man. I'm so sorry he has to deal with this - nobody should - especially young people, but he seems to have a huge spirit and a great head on his shoulders! I can't imagine how hard it must be to see your child fight a serious illness, but you must be so so proud of him.

You take care of yourself and all those bald men that will be running around your house. Bald really is beautiful! :)

When mine came back, and what I didn't lose, came back all curly and I used to have stick straight! I like it better now! The silver lining to chemo!

thats the tell-tale chemo curls. it is only caused by certain types of chemo and only in certain types of people. maybe your son will get a new do and like it better than before. all the possibilities he will have

I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, but joined just so I could reply here.

Josh, just wanted to say, way to go, you'll do great! I crochet and didn't even think to crochet myself a cap while I was doing chemo last year.

I didn't wear anything except for going to town and then I "borrowed" my husband's camo do-rag.

It's been a year this month and I like some of the other posters, I've gone from straight hair to curly, curly hair.

Best wishes for the rest of your treatments, hope it passes fast.

Leslie

Archived