Wire & Bead Crochet Ring

knit-errant

What with the Accessories swap coming up, I thought I'd mess around with some wire and beads and figure stuff out first before I started on The Real Deal. :lol

This is a little ring I made with some sterling silver wire, botswana agate, freshwater pearls, and Czech glass. There's a wee more information on my blog.

Thanks for looking!

(Psst, Katandia -- This is your chance to go, "Ewww! That's horrendous! Please, please don't make me anything like that or I'll cry!")

:D

161195210_76938b307b_m.jpg

Wow, you sure picked some fancy stuff to practice with!

If I didn't dislike big rings, I'd love it. The color combination is gorgeous. When imagined in a smaller size, it is a very, very nice ring!

Absolutely gorgeous and so unique:cheer I love it...I wish I was your swap partner that is some accessory.....

I just wonder how much $$$ you spent on that project....I want to get into beading, but I am afraid of the cost...How expensive is it???

What a beautiful ring! :clap

One of the reasons I took up crochet is so I could try wire crochet at some point. It's great to see the wonderful things one can do with it!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Absolutely gorgeous and so unique:cheer I love it...I wish I was your swap partner that is some accessory.....

I just wonder how much $$$ you spent on that project....I want to get into beading, but I am afraid of the cost...How expensive is it???

Well, all of the beads were things I already had laying around already. Let's see... I know the wire was $5.10. The agate beads came in a 16" strand with about 15 beads on it; I think it was about $20 ($1.25/bead). The pearls were another 16" strand, but they were fairly low grade so I think that was only about $4-5. The Czech glass came on a 4" strand and was about $1.50, if I remember correctly.

Beading cost can be as much or as little as you want to spend on it, really. ...My tastes are unfortunately a little on the expensive side most of the time! I work almost exclusively with semiprecious stones and metals, but it can cost significantly less if you use glass, acrylic, etc.

Archived