Ashley Beaded Purse My Entry for The Bead Festival (Show update )

Katchkan

That is fabulous! If you don't win first prize in the bead festival there's something wrong with the judges:D . You did a magnificent job:cheer

Wowza!!! You have such a creative mind and the talent to make those come real--I'm just amazed. It is just gorgeous!! I check out every single little thing you make since they all amaze me with their beauty and inspire me. Ditto everyone else's remarks, but I want to add that if you don't contact Amy about going on to that TV show with your incredible designs and demonstrating crochet with beads and your spectacular doilies--well, I don't know what threat to use, but you'd just better do it!! Patty

It is absolutely divine! Wish I had your talent, not to mention patience for making something as beautiful as that! :clap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I promised that I would post how I did at the Bead Festival.

Well folks, It's a good thing I have no expectations at this show. As I would have been sadly disappointed. I didn't place in my division at all. They were into the embroided necklaces again this year. I just wasn't what they were looking for. Who know's maybe next year.

I did have a great time shopping and restocking some of my bead though. Can be a very dangerous place for one's budget. Mine suffered that's for certain.

I agree with Hellen. I am sure that your beautiful crochet purse will one day be a museum piece, Kathy. Many artists were not appreciated in their own lifetimes. The whims of fashion have hijacked the bead competition.:(

:eekthey chose beaded embroided necklaces over your work of art?!? omg I can't believe that! well when C'ville starts their own museum of masterpieces yours will deffinatly be in it!:manyheart

I like everyone else cannot believe those judges would choose beaded necklaces over your wonderful beaded bag:eek But from the concensus here, your bag places first!:manyheart

• 2 years later...

Archived