Traveling Hook! Hookin for heart patients! READ POST 269/270

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a pic of my finished square. I just did a basic granny in cream, tan, and two shades of yellow. It won't be the prettiest, but it was made with loving thoughts and prayers for the recipient. I did a basic granny because to me the basics of anything are very comforting. Anyway here's the pic. (clickable)

th_heartsquare2.jpg

Theresa, that's very pretty! I think the colors go with the theme.

Jimmie Lu, any chance we can get a pic of the squares you've put together so far? Pretty please?

I am finished crocheting with the traveling hook. It has been a dream:c9 to crochet with and the grip is perfect for me:manyheart . I made four squares to send off to Jimmie Lu. I need an address for hischildsindi...tried pm'ing her on Friday but no response. I hope to hear from her soon so I can send the hook on it's traveling ways...still lots of members waiting for this to come their way.:yay

Oh, what a wonderous feeling arose when I opened my front door to find a package for me... if ever so temporarily. And for about 1 minute I waited and then ripped open the box, leafed through the journal (will read completely later) and then I stared at the small narrowly wrapped package within. It announced "Hook Inside" and I almost needed a napkin, for the drool started. I've decided I want the hook when this is all over... so you all need to send it back to me, okay!!!! ;) Oh, and that's just my opinion after a 30 second feel of the actual hook. :hook I imagine it will be worse once I get working with it. I may have to send myself with the hook or implant a 'homing device', so I can fetch it once all has had their turn at this awesome wood wonder. :c9

Okay, now seriously, will the hook be auctioned off in the end? or?? :D

I forget now, is there a color theme to these 12 inch blocks?

autum colors

I am pretty sure we are gonna auction it and give the money to the Am heart association.

Auction to include Hook Journal and a gahn on sqs made with the hook (made possible by all you wonderful participants sending more than one sq.)

Jimbo Oh Jimbo are you out there? Are you reading all the wonderful things being said about that fabulious hook?

Yes i'm here Jimmi, thanks. I admit to being away a bit, and to being in a sort of hook whittlers funk lately.... maybe just extra hours at work and a respit after the holiday push but i haven't made a hook for about a month now.

BUT!! All these kind messages have inspired me and i'll be back at it soon.

It'll be interesting to see how the auction goes. Hope it raises a good amount for the heart fund..... a great cause.

Thanks again Jimmi for doing this.

Second the hook and journal are sopose to be given to a winner here among the participants to be drawn at random when the hook is returned to me safe and sound.

BUT--- I do not wish to anger anyone here if youd like to keep it the way it originally was although the gahns will not be taken by the hospitals here.

Thanks

this is what was originally posted as a response to what was going to happen with the hook. I was under the impression that was what was happeing.

• 2 weeks later...

ooops yes I did. Did I forget to update pg 1? Sorry Ill do it now

DAD update- The old bird(moms name for him) Got a good check up today at the heart doc. He is haveing another heart cath to make sure all is well but we are feeling very blessed that he is doing much much better!!! Thanks for your prayers and support

Archived