Filet Gift

TX CrochetLover

Well, I hooked up to Photobucket, so we'll see if i can bring a pic over here.

This is a filet pattern I got from http://crochet.about.com/library/ncrosslily.htm

It took me quite a while to make, then I mounted it on matt board and framed it. I made it for my god daughter for her wedding in June. Her hubby to be is going into the ministry, hence the cross theme.

th_Mvc-018f.jpg

Close up of flower

th_Mvc-019f.jpg

It is in a 22x28 frame to give you an idea of the size. Done with size 10 thread and size 6 hook.

Hi there,

I appreciate all the kind and supportive comments. This to date is the largest thread crochet project I have ever done. Granted, filet is not rocket science, but man oh man you better keep your place on the chart! I had magnets all over my chart so I could remember what line and space I was on when I came back to it! And different color highliters marks! :sweat :sweat

I do hope that my god daughter appreciates the thoughts that went along with all 15,675 stitches! She cross stitches, so I am hoping she will realize the love and effort that has gone into it! Of course, you always worry if something you have made from the heart will transfer in the item you give.

The matting board I bought whole from Michaels framing section and it has a texture you cannot see in the photo. It is really rich looking. Anyhoo, it will be a while before I do a project this big again. Unless it is the pink thing doily, which when I get done with it will need a frame and a wall! :hook

Oh - that is just lovely. I give you credit with the filet. For some reason I spend as much time frogging as crocheting when I filet:think . I can do all kinds of intricate work, but when I just can't resist a beautiful filet I know going in that there are going to be casualties.

My hat's off to you!:woo

Thank you to you all for validating something I worked very hard to complete and finish off to present as a gift. It really means something to me to get a few cheers from people who know what it takes to do a big project! :manyheart Back at ya!

Because she is crafty too.. she is sure to understand the hard work that went into making it. ;)

It is a very lovely and thoughtful gift. (I just wish I had the patience to do something like that. :blush maybe someday....)

It's perfect! I am completely in awe of anyone who does filet--it may not be "rocket science" as you say, but it's terribly tricky. It is a beautiful piece of art and they are very lucky to receive such a gift.

Thanks all, I talked to her mom today and the shower is the 29th of April. So, it will be hers soon. I'm really glad I took a pic of it, cause usually I don't photograph my work. But thanks to Crochetville, I did! :)

Archived