crochet beaded necklace Now with heart pattern too

justwantacraft

Hello all, this was so easy I made 4 yesterday. I got the pattern here:

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/07jewelry/springchoker.shtml

I am really enjoying this bead crochet I used embroidery floss for the yellow and green one and thread for the black and white ones.

And bought more floss and more beads ofcourse. Oh the money we crafters spend on every new thing we get started on....(smile)

yellowneckless.jpg

whiteneckless.jpg

greenneckless.jpg

blackneckless.jpg

I also made these earrings a while back but can not find the pattern so sorry for that, but if you do a google search for crochet heart pattern you'll get alot of results.

heartEarrings.jpg

Finally I found where I got the heart pattern: I just put beads on the ends of every stitch I think. Its here:

http://melaniebug.tripod.com/suzetta's_heart_motif.htm

Wow, that's a great bunch of projects. I especially love the little pink heart earrings...too cute :)

Ooh that black one is so delicate! Lovely work on all of them.:) I do beaded jewelry but have never tried to incorporate crochet. That black one is so pretty I think I might try something like it in thread. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Lovely work! I think I need to try this. (What am I saying? I need ANOTHER project like I need a hole in my head!) :D

OH WOW .. i love the earrings .. they are so cute .. there are a lot of patterns for hearts .. can you narrow it done for us .. those are so cute ..

Thanks so much every one. I finally found the heart pattern, I looked everywhere.

so I posted the link under the hearts and will here again: I love doing these they are so fast too. Glad you all enjoy.

Hearts: http://melaniebug.tripod.com/suzetta's_heart_motif.htm You'll notice right away they are with yarn, I used ofcourse a tiny hook and thread or embroidary floss, and seed beads or small beads. Enjoy

Beautiful necklaces! and oh, those earrings, are soooo sweet! I am going to have to make a few pairs of those.....some for my daughter and for myself, of course. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Daisy.

Beautiful ! Good Job. I've been hearing alot about bead crochet and now I think I'm going to have to give it a try!

Those are so pretty! I love the colors of the green one with the turquoise beads. My favorite clasp (correct technical term??) is the first one with the heart and arrow. What cool hardware! I also loved how you were able to modify the earrings pattern to have beads. Great job! Hope to see more great projects from you in the future! :cheer:clap:cheer

Oooo... the first necklace is my favorite, and I just love the clasp you chose for it. Adorable!

With the weather getting warmer, this is the perfect time of year to work on things like that.

Thanks so much for posting the links to the patterns. :hook

• 1 month later...

I made one of these today and it was very easy and fun. I used a sky blue #10 thread (Opera) and the same color beads. Fits my 9 year old perfectly. She's petitie. My only suggestion would be to thread on some extra beads before you begin- use what you need to get your length and then when you finish off- eliminate whatever beads you didn't need. Also- mine twisted a little bit- I need to block it somehow. But I'm planning on making more for my nieces.

Here are a couple more I have been tweaking the orginal pattern, my daughter wanted something she drew me a drawing, and then she wanted green with green beads... this was my first attemp at her drawing

HeatherDesgined.jpg

Then I think I figured out what I needed to do and then I made this one I really like how this one turned out

bluewgreen.jpg

I have found in all my trials at this that when crocheting with beads, they will want to lay to one side or another of the work you have to use little tricks in getting them to face the right way sometimes. Like come in from behind and bring up a bead and slip stich it into place where you want it.

In this one I did that on the 2row. Then to add the string of beads to the bottom I worked on the wrong side facing because the beads I was working with were going to end up facing the right side done. Also I started using Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread instead of embroiadary floss.

This thing has taken on a life of its own... never even used to look at beads and thread now geuss where Im hanging around in the store.

Here is a red one:

redwithsilverflower.jpg

Archived