Cute little dog coats

Yammy

We have two Jack Russel Terrors :D (anyone that has been around them understands my misspelling) They are such little charmers but they get cold so easily, so as a good dog Mama I made them coats.... LOTS of them! I don't really follow a pattern I just sit down and do it.

The red one is done in Red Heart Super Saver, nice and thick. I used a crisscross stitch and just a plain picot edging.

boxcoatsm.jpg

This second one is done with Homespun, it's SO soft and warm, he really digs it :)

Boxcoathspun.jpg

Aww they look cute..:cheer :cheer :cheer

I have a Min Pin here and a taco bell grand dog so I crochet sweaters for little ones here also. I also have a small toy poodle but he doesn't get cold with his built in fur coat.. Bet your dogs just love their sweaters.. Love the stitch detail you can see on the red sweater...and they look like they are easy to get onto the dog witch is very important lol as you know.. they are worse then dressing a newborn lol

:dog :manyheart :dog

Yes, I designed these for easy on easy off... and with normal use they stay ON the dog pretty good but usually once they have their coats on they curl up and take a nap because they are warm and it gets them off our laps for a while.

YES, they can be worse then dressing a newborn!

The pattern...eventhough you said you don't have one.... I have 2 rat terriers, and 3 purebred rat terrier pups (2 weeks old). I would LOVE to make sweaters for all like the red one. If you have time and are able to, I would LOVE it if you can jot down some instructions. If not, oh well. But if you do, I will post pics once I am done!:manyheart

Red Turtleneck Dog Coat:

ch 41 (for small 12-13lb dog)

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across, ch 3, turn.

Row 2: (ch 3 counts as first dc) * sk 1, dc, then dc in the sk, * repeat to end, ch 1, turn.

Continue for 27 rows in this pattern. (Ending with a sc row.)

For the turtleneck collar:

Ch 11, in 2nd ch from hook, sc into the chain and all remaining chains, at the end to join sl st two times into the main piece, then turn work and sc in back loops of the collar piece. Continue until you get to the end, sl st the two ends of the collar together.

Underbody

Row 1: inbetween where the main body isn't joined work 3 sc in the edge, turn, ch 1 Row 2: work 2 sc in each st, sl st into the side of the main body, ch 3, turn.

Row 3: dc in same st as the ch(inc), *sk 1 sp, dc, then go back and dc in the sk sp.*Continue to the end and sl st into the main piece. ch 1 turn.

Row 4: 2 sc in first sp(inc), and 1 sc in each to the end, ch 3, turn (this is where I do NOT join to the main piece to make the 'arms')

Row 5: dc in the ch 3 sp (inc) and in each st to the end.

Continue in pattern for the amount of room your dog needs. Inc at the start of each odd numbered row.

When you have the amount needed for the legs, continue without inc, sl st into the main body at the end of each row for 4 rows.

Sc loosely around the main body of the piece and then do a row of simple picot to finish it off. Do the same around the 'arm' holes.

:D

I've never written a pattern before but that's pretty close to how I did it.

Wow Great Thank You for sharing the pattern with us... Like you I usually make up my own pattern so I can custom fit the sweater for the dog.. ya know they are like humans not always a standard size!!! lol

:ty :dog

You are the greatest!:clap I am currently working on the hat pattern one of the ladies on here submitted to the crochet calendar, I will be working on the dog sweaters next!

Those are great :manyheart Awww puppies :) Even if they are Terrors :lol I once had a Labrador reterror :lol

I like making dog sweaters too , I've gone a little bonkers at times with them. If you want you can check out my blog there's a few on there I made.

I made a berry colored sweater out of homespun for my brindle pug, but he looks like a big raspberry amd seems to act very embarrassed. It fits him fine but he tries to get out of it!

Archived