Lustersheen Leftovers Small Shawl

Roli

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roli

Wow your shawl turned out very nice.. :cheer and love the color..:clap

And you haven't changed much you have the same smile..:)

Hope you are enjoying your travels... Calif. it pretty this time of year...

:manyheart

Darlene, you are so nice. You always have something complimentary to say to everyone. Thank you. And thank you everyone who has looked at my shawl and made positive comments.:manyheart

roli, this shawl is really nice. i have looked on your blog and you do really nice work. i find your blog addictive because i am probably your age and my husband and i always talk about getting rid of it all and just hitting the road. i cannot let go of my kids (adults) and my grand daughter, so i live vicariously through you ;). anyway, i digress, your work is very beautiful. you should be proud. :clap

• 2 months later...

Roli, I still love this shawl! I was wondering if you remember about how much yarn you used? You said 'leftovers,' -- I'm hoping that means 1 - 1.5 balls or so? (I really doubt it, but man oh man, it would be nice!)

Thanks! :)

Roli, I still love this shawl! I was wondering if you remember about how much yarn you used? You said 'leftovers,' -- I'm hoping that means 1 - 1.5 balls or so? (I really doubt it, but man oh man, it would be nice!)

Yipes! I think it was more than that...about 2 or three balls. Sorry, but I can't remember. I do know that mine is smaller than the original and you could make yours even smaller and use it as a fancy scarf. Try it!

Yipes! I think it was more than that...about 2 or three balls. Sorry, but I can't remember. I do know that mine is smaller than the original and you could make yours even smaller and use it as a fancy scarf. Try it!

Aw, I figured as much. Sigh. :( But I may just try making it smaller. Thanks!

So pretty! I love lady-like things!

My grandma taught me to crochet-- I still have a beadspread that I use everyday that she made before she died ten years ago.

Ah, look what I found!

I am testing a pattern for a designer, and I bought WAY too much white Luster Sheen and was looking for something to make with it!

This is beautful!!!

I was curious tho, how did you make the tassels! I love that a whole lot better than the fringe!

1. Wrap yarn around a thick card evenly. Do not overlap.

2. Tie a piece of yarn through all the top loops. You may have to use a yarn needle to get the yarn under the loops. Tie it tightly.

3. Remove from card.

4. Cut bottom loops open.

5. Tie and wind another piece of yarn (about 3/4 inches from top) around entire bundle. You may want to wind this around two or three times to make it sturdy.

6. Weave in ends and trim bottom to even out strands.

The shawl is beautiful! I really enjoyed seeing everything else you've made. Your work is fantastic!

i bought lustersheen after seeing this shawl. i did not realize it was so thin. what size hook did you and how did you like this pattern. i feel like mine is coming out a little thin. yours does not look that way. :angry

i've told you this before -- you do beautiful work.

Archived