Lustersheen Leftovers Small Shawl

Roli

what size hook did you and how did you like this pattern. i feel like mine is coming out a little thin. yours does not look that way.

I was just going to ask the same thing. I started this last night to see what it would look like and I wasn't pleased with it at all. Funny thing is that I am testing something with it and I am LOVING what I am doing with it there, just not for this shawl.

I don't know how Roli got it to look so thick. I am using an "F" size needle. Roli, did you double your yarn to make it look so thick?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, because of the weight of the yarn, I remember that I used a small hook. I think it was a D. I agree that it won't come out well unless your hook is suited to the yarn and Lustersheen looks better if you use a small hook. Despite that, it didn't take me long to make because of all the open spaces. The pattern is really very simple once you get past the beginning few rows. And the end result is definitely worth it.

Thanks to all of you who complimented my work!:manyheart

• 1 year later...

Hi! I have been searching the Internet and this forum for a week to try to find a crocheted shawl pattern suitable for my future daughter in law to wear at the wedding. ( I have a year to make something from a fine weight white cashmere/silk blend yarn.) I saw the evening shawl pattern swatch and thought it might work, but your lovely finished project confirms my initial judgment. Thanks again for sharing, Roli!

Archived