Two more "hug"ghans

faithpa76

Two more "hug"ghans (comfortghans, the group I'm making them for is calling them hug-ghans) - I skipped the squares with these two (too time consuming) and did big granny scrap-ghans with the yarn all the ladies sent me. The one on the left is simply soft and I LOVE it (I have got to make myself one one of these days!) and the one on the right is all mainstays and RH.

josnjenghans.jpg

The colors don't show up as well as I'd like - why is it that projects never look as good in pictures as they do in person? :lol I used my dad's camera, which was unfamiliar (mine died - grrrr) so maybe that had something to do with it.

They turned out wonderful I think. they look so warm and cozy. I want to make one. My DH said I needed to take a break though. :think I want to but after seeing your blanket I don't know :devil ! What he doesn't know won't hurt right LOL:devil

Those are both great, Faith! :manyheart I love the name, too, 'Hug ghans'. Is that the rectangle grannyghan pattern? I have one of those I still haven't finished yet.

My camera does the same thing. The colors don't turn out right, yellow looks like bright yellow when it's buttercup...

Thanks for sharing those!

Tina

Those are both great, Faith! :manyheart I love the name, too, 'Hug ghans'. Is that the rectangle grannyghan pattern? I have one of those I still haven't finished yet. I now have a formula that I like really well and which adapts fairly easily for different sizes.

My camera does the same thing. The colors don't turn out right, yellow looks like bright yellow when it's buttercup...

Thanks for sharing those!

Tina

It's "a" rectangle granny ghan - I've looked at several patterns for them, tried one (made one for my youngest son a year ago, in fact) but I didn't like the way they were laying/turning out, so I changed it to adapt to my preferences, lol.

I wish the colors were truer - it was a really bright day and the camera unfamiliar and I just couldn't get it quite right. It isn't terrible but somehow the colors always end up seeming like "more" than they are. The subtleties are lost - and even in those "scrap" type projects, there are occasionally subtleties, lol!

Those are really beautiful Faith! Whoever receives them will be just thrilled! I know I would be!

Lyn

The colors don't show up as well as I'd like - why is it that projects never look as good in pictures as they do in person? :lol

Hmmm. And my first impression was...wow those colors are beautiful.

Which they are. :clap

Good work. :)

I love them!!!

I'm working on my very first granny square afghan now, but then want to make some smaller ones for the kids at the cancer center. I like the idea of one big rectangular square like you've done here! And I can make matching caps!

Hope mine come out almost as pretty as yours!

Archived