My Elvis afghan

LadyBeBop

This is truly fabulous! Until recently, I had an entire room in my house that housed all of my Elvis stuff.

I did have a few questions, though. If I manage to print out the graph, what do I do with it then? What weight yarn should I use, what size hook, and what stitch? It looks like maybe simple single or double crochet. Am I right? The squares on the graph look really tiny; are they representative of one stitch each or more than one stitch each?

Obviously, I've never used a graph to crochet before. Hopefully, I'm not completely missing the point here!!

I did have a few questions, though. If I manage to print out the graph, what do I do with it then? What weight yarn should I use, what size hook, and what stitch? It looks like maybe simple single or double crochet. Am I right? The squares on the graph look really tiny; are they representative of one stitch each or more than one stitch each?

Obviously, I've never used a graph to crochet before. Hopefully, I'm not completely missing the point here!!

Actually, the weight of yarn and size of the hook is up to you. I used regular Coats and Clark's Super Saver knitting worsted weight yarn with a size K hook. I only used a size K, to save time. A smaller hook or a lighter yarn will create a smaller object, but that will work.

Each graph is one stitch. I crocheted it all in regular single crochet. You can also use the tunisian (afghan stitch). I've never seen graphs done in double crochet.

Hopefully, this thread can help: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16763

Actually, the weight of yarn and size of the hook is up to you. I used regular Coats and Clark's Super Saver knitting worsted weight yarn with a size K hook. I only used a size K, to save time. A smaller hook or a lighter yarn will create a smaller object, but that will work.

Each graph is one stitch. I crocheted it all in regular single crochet. You can also use the tunisian (afghan stitch). I've never seen graphs done in double crochet.

Hopefully, this thread can help: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16763

Thank you so much for your help! I'm excited to start on this project!

That is beautiful! It looks like the graphs Todd Paschall makes. He does his by numbers.... way too confusing for me. I could probably follow a graph easier. You might want to check out his site. www.crochetbynumbers.com He can take one of your pictures and transfer it into a pattern-by-numbers. :think Too difficult for me to grasp, but some of you might like it.

Elvis.jpg

I may still block it...it's not laying 100% straight. But I think it looks like The King. :cheer

Anyway, here is a link to the graph. http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/cinnaminn_s/mygraphs4.html

I think it looks fine just as it is! It's terrific! And thanks so MUCH for that link! She's very generous to share all those graphs. I really like the Jack Russell doggie graph. :manyheart

OMG! If I was to show that afghan to my aunt she would die! She is suffering from bone cancer...about 2 years ago, she had a breast removed because of cancer and now the cancer returned in her bones. Since she is a MASSIVE Elvis fan, I should look into that afghan but I never worked with graphs before well, not for afghans that is.

OMG! If I was to show that afghan to my aunt she would die! She is suffering from bone cancer...about 2 years ago, she had a breast removed because of cancer and now the cancer returned in her bones. Since she is a MASSIVE Elvis fan, I should look into that afghan but I never worked with graphs before well, not for afghans that is.

Another way to do a picture afghan is make it solid single crochet, then cross-stitch the picture on top, using a graph (just like regular cross-stitch). Hope your Aunt gets better soon! :hug

LadyBeBop,

Thank you for posting this picture and all of the information. I have never done an afghan like this before but will be doing it very soon. I went today and got everything for this project.

My younger, only, sister's throat cancer is back and she would love this afghan. She has collected Elvis stuff for years but I know that she has NEVER seen anything like this before. She WILL see one very soon as I AM going to make one for her. Ever since I saw your post it has been pulling me to do this for her.

Thank you so much! This will mean so much to her and to me to be able to do it for her. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

LadyBeBop,

Thank you for posting this picture and all of the information. I have never done an afghan like this before but will be doing it very soon. I went today and got everything for this project.

My younger, only, sister's throat cancer is back and she would love this afghan. She has collected Elvis stuff for years but I know that she has NEVER seen anything like this before. She WILL see one very soon as I AM going to make one for her. Ever since I saw your post it has been pulling me to do this for her.

Thank you so much! This will mean so much to her and to me to be able to do it for her. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Fantastic! :clap

PM me if you have any questions.

Archived