Dot's Light & Lacy Stole

goldi316

Here is another project I completed a bit belatedly for a Christmas gift.

Lite-n-Lacy1.jpg

Lite-n-Lacy2.jpg

This was from the pattern created by Dot, the Light & Lacy Stole. It's a lovely pattern and not hard to do, unless you are going through an inept period like I've been for awhile. :blush I definitely plan to make this again, but I decided that when I do, I will adjust it for a smaller hook size, I had a very rough time working the fine baby yarn with such a large hook (K), especially since I tend to crochet rather loosely to begin with, and my difficulty was compounded by the stretchiness of the fabric. I had to frog and redo this a few times because I started with a plastic hook, which definitely did NOT work for me at all, and then I kept having problems with my stitches coming out too loose and sloppy looking. It took me a week to get this wrap done. With a smaller hook and more pattern repeats to make up for it, I'm sure I will be able to improve my time on it, though!

Thanks folks!

it doesn't look sloppy at all! we are our worst critics - it looks great!

I suppose I should clarify myself - I don't think it turned out sloppy at all, in fact it's lovely (imvho!). What I meant was that it felt sloppy as I was making it, due to the stretchiness of the fabric, the openness of the stitches AND the oversized loops from using a large hook on a small yarn. It made working the project rather challenging for me. But I'm glad I persevered because I think it turned out quite well indeed.

That is really lovely. I am so happy that stoles and shawls are back in fashion. You have done such a great job. I think stretchy is good cos you can snuggle your self up in them... if you get my drift :manyheart

We all have those times when our fingers and our brains don't work together. I'm my worst critic. I thought slippers were so hard until I found the perfect pattern for me....now I'm making tons of slippers. Next, I'm going to try a halter top for my daughter and maybe even some mittens.....2 other things I thought were really hard.

The stole is beautiful....:manyheart

Lovely Goldi. You did the right thing to change to a smaller hook. Always use your intuition because it is usually right! Thanks for posting a photo of your beatiful shawl and thanks to Dot for the pattern:manyheart

We all have those times when our fingers and our brains don't work together. I'm my worst critic. I thought slippers were so hard until I found the perfect pattern for me....now I'm making tons of slippers. Next, I'm going to try a halter top for my daughter and maybe even some mittens.....2 other things I thought were really hard.

The stole is beautiful....:manyheart

Thanks! Lately, the fingers have (mostly) been behaving themselves - it's the brain that's been going awol on me. :blush I'm hoping it's temporary, it's not something I'm used to and I'm not too quietly being accepting about it either, lol! Lately my problem has been that things which were formerly easy have been seeming "hard", but I'm too stubborn to give up. :lol

I'm planning on making this pattern again, in a cotton yarn - thought I'd try it out in Synfonia (sp?), as a gift for a VDF who lives in Baton Rouge. I love Dot's patterns, especially her hats - now there's something I always found hard to do, until I found her patterns! :hook:manyheart

Archived