My beautiful stoles for my bridesmaids!

annaht

I'm very proud of the beautiful stoles I made for my bridesmaids!!

th_weddingstoles.jpg

I also made this totally and utterly adorable miniature version for my niece (hers was actually a poncho, as my sister and I decided that would stay on a whole lot easier). How cute is she?

th_babypetal.jpg

I also made a very pretty shawl for myself, but I never wound up using it - the only picture of it I have on my wedding day is of it tossed over my chair. Sad!

I'm very proud of the beautiful stoles I made for my bridesmaids!!

th_weddingstoles.jpg

I also made this totally and utterly adorable miniature version for my niece (hers was actually a poncho, as my sister and I decided that would stay on a whole lot easier). How cute is she?

th_babypetal.jpg

Those are just GREAT!!!!! very lovely.:cheer:clap

I love the color...they are beautiful...and how cute is that baby of honor of yours!!! We had a baby of honor at our wedding 4 years ago...my nephew..who's gonna be 5 next month! Great job!

so pretty!

The bridal party was beautiful - great color and your niece is a little angel!

Can you share the pattern that you used? I'm getting married next month. Outdoor wedding, sleeveless dress. It's Florida so it could be fine, but if its cold it would be really great for me to have some sore to stole. These are so pretty!

Beautiful! That color is wonderful, and it's obviously your niece's color too! And by the way, congratulations on your wedding :manyheart and welcome to Crochetville. :hook

Great job! What pattern did you use? I'm in my brother's wedding next September and was thinking of doing something for myself and the other bridesmaids. Some light and lacy like that is nice. :clap

I did a variation of a Petal Stitch Poncho that I had found a pattern for online - I just made it a lot skinnier and longer, and didn't sew it up when I was done. Somewhere I have down the exact numbers of what I did - I'll look it up when I get home. I used TLC Amore for the main body and added mohair and ribbon yarn for the fringe.

If you'd like to see a picture of me on my wedding day - go to my webpage (in my signature). There's a picture on the main page!

Thanks everybody!

This is the pattern I used:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art24740.asp

I only started with a starting chain of 44, I think, so that it was skinnier. Then, as I said, I made it very long (70-80 inches, I think, but I didn't write it down and I don't have the stoles anymore!) and didn't sew it together and tied on fun fringe.

I'm glad everybody liked them! I was so happy with them - and the girls loved them too - one of my bridemaids was wearing hers when I ran into her the other day. Yay!

Having the different color dresses was one of my favorite wedding ideas, too. I wanted to go somewhat informal anyways, and my bridesmaids lived in 3 different states and were VERY different body types - so this way, everybody was happy. And I thought it was very pretty!

Archived