Ghan completed

faithpa76

This project started out as a comfortghan intended for one person and then when some issues came up, it was completed for someone else. Each square is different - I did all but 16 of them - and all the colors were sent by a different person, and it's supposed to represent a "hug" from all the people who participated. Two were done by a lady who learned to crochet just for this project, one was from the only other lady in the group who already knew, and then there's one done by a lady who decided to learn to knit so she could join in (I had to "expand" it with some crochet since it wasn't square, but the sentiment is still wonderful). I edged them in white, then purple - I did a flat braid edging. And yes, there's a hint of black around the edge.

Sorry the picture is so bad - it's the best picture I have of it; my (new) camera officially bit the dust and is being repaired but it needs to be sent.

About 50 hours of my life are in this thing!

comfortghanb.jpg

Excuse the mess please ... and that's a king sized bed it's on. It's a pretty big hug.

You have done a wonderful job! You gave me a great idea on how to finish the one I'm working on for my brother. I've been trimming my squares out in ecru and I love the idea that you've trimmed them out in a second color. I may join mine with the 2nd color and then trim the whole thing out in it.

You aren't a kidding about the number of hours it takes to put these together. KUDOS to those who do these all the time. They are for such a wonderful cause.

Give yourself a pat on the back!:clap

Teresa,

I did it originally because the lady it was initially intended for liked purple, and I couldn't, for the life of me, stomach putting together all those colors just edging them in purple - the colors are wild enough! LOL So I did the neutral (white) for a little bit of separation between the squares and the edging. I like how it makes them pop.

This project started out as a comfortghan intended for one person and then when some issues came up, it was completed for someone else. Each square is different - I did all but 16 of them - and all the colors were sent by a different person, and it's supposed to represent a "hug" from all the people who participated. Two were done by a lady who learned to crochet just for this project, one was from the only other lady in the group who already knew, and then there's one done by a lady who decided to learn to knit so she could join in (I had to "expand" it with some crochet since it wasn't square, but the sentiment is still wonderful). I edged them in white, then purple - I did a flat braid edging. And yes, there's a hint of black around the edge.

Sorry the picture is so bad - it's the best picture I have of it; my (new) camera officially bit the dust and is being repaired but it needs to be sent.

About 50 hours of my life are in this thing!

comfortghanb.jpg

Excuse the mess please ... and that's a king sized bed it's on. It's a pretty big hug.

passing by and it looks groovy~~~~

Archived